Best GBA cart solely for GBA usage.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by the_skdster, May 28, 2008.

May 28, 2008
  1. the_skdster
    OP

Member the_skdster Advanced Member

Canada
    What would be the best GBA cart right now? That is solely for GBA.
    Reason why I am asking is 'cause my brother likes the GBA SP more and hates the "Feel" of the DS. I know, I don't get it either. [​IMG]

Was thinking the EZ-Flash 3.
    Or should I just get an EZ-Flash 4 and hope he starts playing DS games as well?

What would be the easiest/most efficient cart for sole GBA play?
    Also, what would be a good site to buy off of? Can't seem to find many sites that still offer GBA-only playable carts.

Thanks for reading! [​IMG]

*edit: just realized posted in wrong sub-forum. Movos pleaso. [​IMG]

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The EZFA 256Mbit, though I'm not sure where it's sold anymore (or if it even is still being sold).
    It was the best GBA flash card of it's time and I still think it's the best pure GBA flash card there is.

Edit: Scratch that, there's no way you'll be able to get your hands on this flash card anymore. Sorry.

Edit 2: The X-ROM 512 Mbit is also really good, but as with the EZFA, you can't buy them anymore.

I would've recommended you try your luck at the GBAtemp trading post but you don't have enough posts. [​IMG]

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I don't think they make them anymore, but the XROM 512 (I have one) was pretty good... takes a bit of time to write games to it, but compatibility is 100%, cheat code system, rom trimming, and auto save patching.

I can put a fair amount of games on it, 512Megabits (64Megabytes)... right now I'm using about half of it with Final Fantasy 5, Metriod Fusion, and Metriod Zero Mission.

Seriously, if you can find one, it's well worth it. The flashing software works in XP and Vista.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    why don't you rephrase that with the kind of games your brother is going to play. that way you can get a better answer.

5. Arch Feline

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am not sure that you live near your brother but if you do, get the full size EZ-flash 3 in 1. You can load a game on it - into NOR - with your DS. Perhaps he will get a DS to load his EZ-flash.

6. the_skdster
    OP

Canada
    Sorry, but what is NOR?
    Also, will he be able to use the full-size 3in1 on the SP? Or is that only for the DS? Because he really, really only wants to play on his SP...

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
  8. the_skdster
    OP

Canada
    I already have an M3 Lite. Looks like my probelm is almost solved. Or does the M3 Lite only work for DS?
    Anyone know where I can find just the GBA casing for it?

9. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can mod a old reg GBA cart and put it in there...

Or trim the sides of it (the over hanging part that stops it from going in a reg gba) and add a string/wire to it to form a handle to pull it out
    And to last part any slot 2 cart works in other gba's with the exception of the 3-in-1 that you need a ds to flash it

And LOL @ Demon... EFFA best gba cart... Lol not in a million years best cart always will be...

Non removable storage EZ-Flash III (RTC Support) (Jandaman use to stock them)
    Cheap Removable Storage option EZ-Flash IV (2'nd best "2'nd gen" GBA cart) (blows Supercard out the water due to it's faster chips = no slowdown + not having to use save states...)
    Best option And you pay out the ass for the best
    M3 Lite Perfect All the features of the above + direct support for Micro-SD cards And one day the flashcart people may relize there is still a use for slot 2 carts and add SDHC Compatibility

10. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The m3 lite will boot the gba loader when it is in the SP.

you can ask someone if they want to part with a shell they are not using or try ebay or something. mine is currently in use in my SP.

11. walkearth

Newcomer walkearth Member

Bulgaria
    M3 Perfect. I'm using mine on the DS for both GBA and DS games. [​IMG]

12. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  13. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Get a M3 Perfect yeah it can play DS games but its a great GBA device and it has everything such as RTC, and full compatibility with every GBA game and as your brother doesn't like the DS this cart can be used just for the GBA, so think you should get it.