Hacking Best Flash/Rumble/GBA Cart for DSTT

eliter1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT but i want to get some flash memory for the Browser and other games. I also want rumble and to be able to play GBA games on my DS. Is the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 the best solution out there or is there something better?
Thx in advance.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that the EZ 3in1's rumble isn't very good. There is also the Ewin 2in1 and Ewin rumble (two separate carts). The disadvantage is that they are two separate carts so you have to remove the 2in1 to play rumble (no big deal since GBA games don't support rumble). The advantage is that the Ewin 2in1 has more memory than the EZ 3in1 and the Ewin rumble is better than the EZ 3in1.

Note that there are only a few games that support rumble anyway, and the rumble eats up battery time. It's kind of a novelty to try once or twice, but it gets old fast.

-Bri

eliter1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I've heard that the EZ 3in1's rumble isn't very good. There is also the Ewin 2in1 and Ewin rumble (two separate carts). The disadvantage is that they are two separate carts so you have to remove the 2in1 to play rumble (no big deal since GBA games don't support rumble). The advantage is that the Ewin 2in1 has more memory than the EZ 3in1 and the Ewin rumble is better than the EZ 3in1.

Note that there are only a few games that support rumble anyway, and the rumble eats up battery time. It's kind of a novelty to try once or twice, but it gets old fast.

-Bri

I already have a ruble pack so i guess i could consider the Ewin 2in1. How important is more memory. Do certain games and the browser run faster?
Do you have any suggestion on where to order the Ewin from?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered one from psxboy.com last week and I believe it was shipped but I've not received it yet. They do answer their e-mail quickly though, and shipping is only $2.

I honestly don't know how important more memory is since I've only used the Ewin 2in1 and therefore haven't compared the two. But I believe that the browser uses the memory as cache, so presumably it would make browsing a bit faster if you revisit the same page, or go from one page to another on the same site where menu graphics, etc. can be cached.

I don't know if the extra memory allows GBA games to load or run any faster with the Ewin. I think loader programs like GBA Loader and GBA ExpLoader may make use of the extra memory, but I'm not sure what they use it for.

Also note that the Ewin only works with the DS Lite (I'm not sure about the EZ3in1).

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What loader are you using for GBA? I'm guessing that the gbaframe might have to do with the GBA loader and not so much the TTDS or TTMenu.

-Bri

terminator99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'am using Exploder v0.4 at the moment.
biggrin.gif

degz150

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi i have the ez flash 3in1 and it works fine apart from i am running it with GBA ExpLoader 0.4 but cant seen to get the rumble to work when i went on the options on juiced 2 it wont let me put the rumble on!
any1 know how to make it work?

HereIsTom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
home.versatel.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
eliter1 said:
I have a DSTT but i want to get some flash memory for the Browser and other games. I also want rumble and to be able to play GBA games on my DS. Is the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 the best solution out there or is there something better?
Thx in advance.
I have the EZ flash 3 in 1 and the DSTT and they work fine for me with Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool and for GBA games you can use the GBA ExpLoader.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe that GBA ExpLoader is a more recent version of Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, renamed because it now supports more expansion packs than the 3in1 including the Ewin 2in1 (although I believe Ewin changed their 2in1 recently and the new one isn't supported yet).

BTW, there is a patch for the browser that it supposed to make it work with the Ewin 2in1 without having to use a separate loader program every time. See this thread for more info.

-Bri

CJAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any place that sells the eWin in north america? I now psxboy stocks them, but I'd rather not pay through the gaping face wound for shipping or wait about a month for the thing to arrive.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CJAwesome,

I ordered an Ewin 2in1 expansion from psxboy, and I believe shipping was $2 to the U.S. They also got it to me relatively quickly (it took about a week or so).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.