Hacking Best Flash Cart for GB Micro?

twiggs462

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro. I want to get a flash cart for it. I would prefer on that uses the MicroSD cards (MicroSDHC even better) - Anything out there that does this. If not what is the next best one in line? Also a link to buy if possible. Thanks for the help!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
here is a USA source for the EZ-Flash IV:
http://www.realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

The EFA-Linker II is a fake, it is a 1Gb version of the EFA-Linker Simple. Not even worth the price listed.

There is only the EZ-Flash IV for a GBA flashcart. The only way your gonna get GBA flashcart that is better than the EZ-Flash IV is in the trading section, and you currently don't meet the requirements yet.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there weren't any GBA flash carts specifically tailored to the GB Micro form factor.

Some people have hacked up NDS Lite-sized GBA flash carts to fit. The only readily available Lite-sized card I can think of is the Supercard Lite (USA, Pink, $44.35 Shipped) (China, Black, $25.60 Shipped OOS) (China, White, $25.60 Shipped In stock). I don't recall Supercards being great for GBA, but perhaps someone with one could tell you better. You can pick up some cheap NSD rumble packs so you don't have to hack up the cart's original case, or for spares if you mess up.

Edit:
Oops, my bad, Necropost (sort of). Not enough people post in GBA section
frown.gif

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I''m also looking for one, I'm really confused about the flashcarts that actually work on a GBA, guess I'm just late to the game as dealextreme hasn't got any left apart from the SuperCard SD.

Was checking the M3 Perfect Lite microSD, anyone know if it works on the GBM?

http://sebson-media.de/Backup-for-/GBA-Gam...3504ef89a9268f7

Always have the EZ-Flash IV as last resort.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash IV will fit flush with GBA Micro. I know because I have one. I bought mine from Real Hot Stuff. They are good, and your flag is USA, so you should be good to go, I think they ship out of NJ. Get the largest MiniSD you can from NewEgg. I have a 2 gig one and it's more than enough. The only thing that sucks is the program to load the games if memory serves correctly. But you only do that once, there are no new GBA games coming out, and you should get a large enough card that would support anything you'd ever want to put on it.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No I'm from Europe, I think that's just the default flag, I've checked Real Hot Stuff and the prices when converted to Euros end up considerable cheaper, I think that's a good choice as there aren't many stores carrying these items anymore.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got the EZ4 from 0shippingzone, arrived faster than I had anticipated, also got a 2GB miniSD, I flashed the cart with the latest firmware but some games like Yoshi Island don't load, I read it's broken because of DS support, what I ask is what firmware should I use for the GBA?

Edit: Got it, use the V1.720 (EZ4loader070315-NoNDS.zip)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can