Hacking Best CfW ??

Burntzebra23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey y’all I’m just now getting a switch.... late I know but.... I’m wanting to mod it so that I can use HBG and use a external hard drive as A storage for games along with a SD card and also sysnand and emmunand for a “clean” system and a modded Version... what CfW should I use?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere if you want free CFW, as for HDD support/XCI mounting you have to pay for SX OS, license cost about 30 dollars as stated in the other thread.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of personal preference. If you want the CFW that receives the quickest support updates, go with Atmosphere.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere gets updated to support newer firmwares faster and is free. SX OS has xci loading, uses atmosphere code, can load from HDD and costs $30. Also ReiNX exists, though last I checked it hasn't been updated yet for 9.x

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So that’s the only one that does the Hard Drive?
You can install from HDD with other CFW, just not load directly from it, and honestly, SX is not worth it anymore now that Atmosphere has emuNAND, it's way too unstable and buggy.
Loading from HDD means you're always tethered to the dock. Some people might not mind that, but still, a big SD card is not that expensive and gives you far more flexibility (playing on the bus etc....)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You can install from HDD with other CFW, just not load directly from it, and honestly, SX is not worth it anymore now that Atmosphere has emuNAND, it's way too unstable and buggy.
Loading from HDD means you're always tethered to the dock. Some people might not mind that, but still, a big SD card is not that expensive and gives you far more flexibility (playing on the bus etc....)
Not necessarily, you can use an adapter in handheld mode.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suggest you OP to go with SX, it's not free but much easier to use and with more functions and the only one that have the HDD support that you're searching for.
Also I don't know how emunand works on others fw and how is reliable but this exact month I've been playing online with SX for an entire year and I've not been banned. So unless you do stupid things this is a super safe cfw if you care about online.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
hey y’all I’m just now getting a switch.... late I know but.... I’m wanting to mod it so that I can use HBG and use a external hard drive as A storage for games along with a SD card and also sysnand and emmunand for a “clean” system and a modded Version... what CfW should I use?

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I expected this thread to blow up immediately and even thought it maybe a troll but i guess it’s a legit query.
SX is best for most features that the regular jolly roger is going to want, as well as exclusive hdd and xci support as well as intrinsic sigpatching
But if you’re new why not go with Atmosphere for free to start with and see if it suits your needs before paying for the additional features you may not think are worth it
after all. As noted above, you may find a big sd card will do you fine over actually needing hdd support.

Reactions: Josshy0125

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An extra thing to add is you can use both CFWs if you want. Setup Hekate to boot them and edit the .ini to be able to setup multiboot

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with most of what you said. As far as "laggy" and "unstable" I have never experienced that with SX OS and I've been using it since it came out on 3 switches. I see way more threads on the front page everyday from atmos users than I ever see for SX users.

Reactions: gizmomelb

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best cfw is atmosphere/sx os combo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree with most of what you said. As far as "laggy" and "unstable" I have never experienced that with SX OS and I've been using it since it came out on 3 switches. I see way more threads on the front page everyday from atmos users than I ever see for SX users.

Atmosphere feels like a more polished product to me, despite of the high amount of files.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
SX OS

External Hard Drive support for loading XCI

The ability to load XCI

There is a program floating around gbatemp that lets you pack all game updates into a single XCI file which is so awesome.

This is the type of shit I expect ALL cfw to have but right now only SX OS has it

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2