Best Browser Built For Speed?

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, just wandering what is the fastest Internet browser to use in 2016. Any Benchmarks saying which browser is the best lately?

PS. Using Windows 7

Thanks

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well honestly I have done a few tests. For Windows 7 it seems like Chrome is better with HTML 5 rendering but Firefox is faster with sunspider and used http://www.speed-battle.com/speedtest_e.php and found out firefox is faster.

Any Firefox users here that can recommend me cool extensions?
For making Firefox faster? NoScript for blocking JavaScripts, and uBlock Origin for blocking ads and other URLs.

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For making Firefox faster? NoScript for blocking JavaScripts, and uBlock Origin for blocking ads and other URLs.

Do the ad blockers block Youtube ads? And when I mean extensions, I mean extentions built for speed, privacy, cool features (like the ad blocker ect).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is kinda a loaded question, much of the problem with the modern web is in websites and webapps which haven't been built to perform or to function without hefty payloads.

So long as you stick to a sensible, standards compliant, browser - Edge, Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi and Firefox spring to mind - and employ a sensible policy on performance, i.e. block ads and render blocking tracking scripts (uBlock and noscript as mentioned above, or an alternative I use is to block all JS from non-secure origins in Chrome, and then whitelist some sites), you should be okay with whatever you enjoy using most.

From a different perspective, be very wary of the impact of extensions and plugins on performance, especially in Chromium based browsers which do not handle this well (on the upside, you gain security) - i.e. Vivaldi, Opera, Chrome, Brave.

Oh yeah, and maybe give Brave a spin, it has much of this blocking tech built in.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chrome is from experience the 'fastest' on a PC. Though you've got to keep in mind that Chrome is a nasty resource hog and will eat up your CPU mercilessly, even on sites that aren't particularly heavy.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, just wandering what is the fastest Internet browser to use in 2016. Any Benchmarks saying which browser is the best lately?

PS. Using Windows 7

Thanks
Firefox is pretty fast using FasterFox on the Turbo setting. Without actually timing the browsers with a stopwatch, page load times seemed similar in Chrome and Firefox + FasterFox. And Firefox uses far less RAM and is a lot more capable so there's that.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firefox is great for people that don't have that so great pc's/laptops since it does use less resources then Chrome

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I am the odd one out:creep:. I use SeaMonkey, it is lite, and uses most plugins that FireFox uses such as adblock, and feels much faster too. Also a nice throwback to everybody whom used and like Netscape Navigator.

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i have a really low speed internet .I need a better browser than firefox which loads faster.(download speed=12 to 24 Kb/sec)
The image quality can be low.Any other than firefox.

sunspider
Whats that,Can it make my browsing fast.

Last edited by Vishnoo,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I use Chrome because it's more polished than Firefox, but i use Firefox on my Phone....for performance reasons. I don't really care about it taking up RAM (Chrome), especially when you have 8GB of RAM xD

I use chrome on all of my machines. It gets the job done

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Netscape Navigator, my childhood : ')
Lol, you can still download and use it...http://download.cnet.com/Netscape-Navigator/3000-2356_4-10145004.html

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a really low speed internet .I need a better browser than firefox which loads faster.(download speed=12 to 24 Kb/sec)
The image quality can be low.Any other than firefox.

Changing browsers won't help much. You can increase the cache size so things aren't downloaded more than once, and install a plugin that makes things like images and videos not load unless you click on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome