Best Antivirus/Malware/Spyware/Adware Software For Windows 10

  • Thread starter Thread starter godreborn
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,749
  • Replies Replies 50
i wasnt forced the trial it just suggested it
In the last couple of days I've installed it on 3 machines using the standard "free consumer" download, you are no longer given a choice to use the trial or not on first install, it's simply activated whether you want it or not. Not the most annoying thing in the world, you can just deactivate it in the settings right away, but I'd rather have the choice during install than not.
 
I do honestly recommend checking out HerdProtect, though. It's a bit of a more obscure one, but it's free and uses a whole bunch of antiviruses running on a cloud compute station to analyze and compare results
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
is c cleaner still a good app to use? I've been using it on my first laptop. I'm not sure if it deletes restore points though.
 
Agreed lol. Unfortunately I still have a bunch of people come in to IT with problems like that

I know a few "IT professionals" that recommend those names. I laugh, and they get mad..
 
McAfee kept deleting the keygen I had for winrar. I wasn't aware it was being quarantined until redownloading it several times. there was no notification until several downloads later. I uninstalled everything related to McAfee after that. it came bundled with my laptop.
 
McAfee kept deleting the keygen I had for winrar. I wasn't aware it was being quarantined until redownloading it several times. there was no notification until several downloads later. I uninstalled everything related to McAfee after that. it came bundled with my laptop.
7zip is free, but requires a bit more work... Winrar is cool, and doesn't necessarily require you to buy it. Just nags you.
 
I had forgotten about .7zip. I have that on this computer. well, the keygen worked. I think it's the same one I've used in the past. I use a private tracker for stuff like that as well as reading the comments to make sure it's not a virus and that it works. I guess there's always a pretty good, free version for just about everything. :P
 
topic. I was using avira, malwarebytes, and spybot. avira has a lot of ads, and the exception thing seems to be broken. malwarebytes costs money. oh, I'm looking for the best, free software btw. and, spybot had a weird bitdefender error upon restarting my laptop. I tracked down that error to sypbot after some research. I've since uninstalled the software, and the error hasn't reappeared. thanks!
Spybot sucks now, it doesn't detect much besides tracking cookies. SuperAntiSpyware is better.
I use Panda Free AV as it has one of the highest detection rates and low false positives, I went looking at tests online before I made my choice.
I also have Malwarebytes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: godreborn
Spybot sucks now, it doesn't detect much besides tracking cookies. SuperAntiSpyware is better.
I use Panda Free AV as it has one of the highest detection rates and low false positives, I went looking at tests online before I made my choice.
I also have Malwarebytes.

I'll look into that tomorrow. with avira, the av I've been using, you'd add an exception once something had been quarantined and restore the file; then, it would be quarantined again almost immediately. I think this is a common problem with avira, at least the free version.
 
Spybot sucks now, it doesn't detect much besides tracking cookies. SuperAntiSpyware is better.
I use Panda Free AV as it has one of the highest detection rates and low false positives, I went looking at tests online before I made my choice.
I also have Malwarebytes.
I use Panda on my main and work machines, definitely a good choice for free stuff. One of the better AVs I've used, only really gives false positives on Cheat Engine and trainers and such (which, of course, makes sense for an AV).

It's also super quick at detecting those "installer embedded" advert program installers that are loaded into the Temp directory during some installs, which is also nice if you're not paying attention and spam click next and accidentally almost install garbage.
 
topic. I was using avira, malwarebytes, and spybot. avira has a lot of ads, and the exception thing seems to be broken. malwarebytes costs money. oh, I'm looking for the best, free software btw. and, spybot had a weird bitdefender error upon restarting my laptop. I tracked down that error to sypbot after some research. I've since uninstalled the software, and the error hasn't reappeared. thanks!
Turn off your windows defender permanently. thats all.. is the best anyi virusB-)
 
  • Like
Reactions: godreborn
wait, why no one mentionned this anti virus ?



No joking, but I personally use MalwareBytes, I bought a lifetime license when they was selling lifetime license a long time ago, and it's just awesome.
 
does SuperAntiSpyware and Panda AV require money or can you still scan after your free trial?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted