Hardware Best $800 laptop?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a beast hopefully I can find it on sale

Good luck, friend. You can use that site I had linked with the previous sale information, set up an account and create an alert. Then the next time that model goes on sale, you will get an email immediately. Cool, huh?

Good old fashioned legwork never hurt, either.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, friend. You can use that site I had linked with the previous sale information, set up an account and create an alert. Then the next time that model goes on sale, you will get an email immediately. Cool, huh?

Good old fashioned legwork never hurt, either.

Yup pretty cool, are those prices from legit retailers? When I order things online I like to do price matches at stores that have 30 days to return something, unlike walmart and best buy that changed it to 15 days.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup pretty cool, are those prices from legit retailers? When I order things online I like to do price matches at stores that have 30 days to return something, unlike walmart and best buy that changed it to 15 days.

Yep.

Just looked now, btw, and looks like it's on sale on Lenovo's site right now for ~$850 with FHD screen, ~$800 without.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just did build a desktop not too long ago, can't seem to find that lenovo machine near any stores. :(

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it would be far better to just buy a laptop online, and not go for in-store models. Usually in-store stuff is priced higher than stuff you'll find on newegg/tiger direct etc etc.

Also, try and stay away from Acer/Dell/HP laptops, as most have terrible build quality. Go for an Asus, Samsung, Toshiba, or Lenovo.

I would agree with Pity, that Lenovo is quite a good laptop. Try looking around for sales and such.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are mac minis a huge no for everyone?

Well if you still want a laptop then... yes?

in all honest I dont think hd 4000 is that bad of a gpu

Honestly, I'm continually surprised with what the integrated GPU's a capable of nowadays. As with everything like this, though, it's up to you and what you want.

It certainly won't play games like that Lenovo, though.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can upgrade the HDD and ram, one of the main reasons why I didnt AIO was because of that. I think my best choice would be that Acer laptop.

Questiona bout bluetooth, I have apair of sony drbt50 headphones I couldn't connect to a laptop and was wondering if newer bluetooth 4.0 laptops may not work with older 2.1 bluetooth devices?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can upgrade the HDD and ram, one of the main reasons why I didnt AIO was because of that. I think my best choice would be that Acer laptop.

Questiona bout bluetooth, I have apair of sony drbt50 headphones I couldn't connect to a laptop and was wondering if newer bluetooth 4.0 laptops may not work with older 2.1 bluetooth devices?

The Bluetooth spec is backwards compatible.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still looking since my laptop seems to be out of stock everywhere

Since your requirement is that a laptop be in stock near where you live, if you are looking for advice on which one to buy, here is my recommendation:

1. Browse all of the stores in your area (most major stores have a "find item near me" feature) and pick out, say, your top 3
2. Post those picks here, along with exactly what you want your new laptop to be able to do ("Play games" is too general, there are many games out there - a better requirement would be "Play Skyrim on Ultra at 1080p")
3. ???
4. Profit!

That is, assuming you still want advice. Also assuming that you don't want to tell us exactly where you live (which is a smart decision I think).

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locals easier for me, I order from a local website and return it to the store if need be, made my choice between these 3 models all hp envys. I'm pretty much set on them

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Silver-15.6-ENVY-TouchSmart-15-j009wm-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-Elite-Quad-Core-A8-5550M-Accelerated-Processor-Touchscreen-and-Windows-8-Operating-Syste/25139243#Product Reviews

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Silver...essor-and-Windows-8-Operating-System/25139242

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Silver...-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8/26509472

I really wanted to do a hackintosh and I though it would work on the amd one though that seems to be the best for gaming

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of the three yeah the AMD one would be the best for gaming.

Hp claims that hd 4600 should be able to run gta5 and next gen games, know of a site that has that vid card bench marks I couldnt find any. I really kind of want the i7 laptop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool