best 007 game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by snakepliskin2334, Apr 11, 2012.

Apr 11, 2012

best 007 game by snakepliskin2334 at 3:12 AM (1,024 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. snakepliskin2334
    OP

Member snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    in your opinion whats the best james bond 007 game out there me its a toss between two everything or nothing and blood stone but thats me and of course the old time favroite goldeneye 64 so it 3 really ....

2. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nightfire it is for me. I only played a round or two of multiplayer of Goldeneye back when it was released, in its so-called heyday. And because of the amount of time I spent with it I really can't judge it. I see that there was a Wii remake of the game, so I'll have to sit down with it and give it a good going through. But all in all, as of right now, Nightfire is the game that I personally remember enjoying the most. In fact I'll have to fire the game back up and give it another playthrough...

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Probably console nightfire for me as well (the multiplayer on the PS2 and gamecube saw many many hours of play once we houseruled out oddjob at least* even if it was not half as polished as most PC games of the time or even perfect dark**) although I have yet to play one on the current consoles or the PC nightfire or come to think of it more than about 10 minutes of anything post nightfire and whatever one had a co-op mode that I have forgotten the name of and did not stack up favourably to splinter cell. I did like the N64 goldeneye but it did not age well and Perfect Dark trounced it as far as I am concerned (although XBLA update/remake aside that did not age well either).

*ksjthgkljghfkljngdf auto lockon/aiming one hit kill hat on the pigging snow level aoljdpojgoi*&*##&*

**I still maintain perfect dark has one of the finest multiplayer setups of any game to this date and if you stuck the setup over some modern levels with the options of a minor loadout/possibly some light RPG elements it would improve damn near every game (especially COD and clones thereof).

1 person likes this.
  4. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    goldeneye would be my favourite, probably for nostalgias sake, best bond game i think ea did was everything or nothing although it did seem at points to be just a mindless shooter from memory, and the best one activision has done i think is bloodstone, despite it having a few flaws and being very short i think it got the bond feel better

1 person likes this.
  5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Nightfire all the way. That shit is awesome, FPS of the decade right there.

Although there's tons of awesome Bond games out there. It's a movie franchise that has been relatively lucky with its video games sector.

1 person likes this.
  6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Everything Or Nothing for Xbox 1

1 person likes this.
  7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I could never really get into Nightfire. Agent Under Fire, on the other hand, was pretty awesome.

8. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Has to be Goldeneye on the N64 for me, the single player campaign was excellent, but where the game really excelled was in the multiplayer.

What a great time we had with this playing multiplayer, the split screen was a bit of a give away but still a blast.

1 person likes this.
  9. snakepliskin2334
    OP

United States
    you got to be kidding right agent under fire ?! that excuse for a 007 game ugh when i first played that i wanted to puke on the cd than use it for target practice

10. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Goldeneye 64 was the last time I had fun playing a 007 game.

11. vpd

Member vpd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Goldeneye on the N64 is the best for me, loved that game and played it loads, single and multiplayer.
    Both the single and multiplayer was solid and it was just a fantastic game for the time.
    Also it was great all the action replay codes for it, some extended the replayability/fun even further. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  12. snakepliskin2334
    OP

United States
    damn straight on that one man goldeneye always

13. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    You Goldeneye players, do you remember the proximity mines?

We made up a game using them, we would set a path, point A to point B, 1 player would lay proximity mines anywhere along the set path (while the rest of the players had no view of the screen), and the other player/s would have to try to make it through without blowing themselves up.

If you spotted any of the mines you were allowed to destroy them to make your way through, but what great fun that was trying to find the ideal spot to set a trap with a mine.

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It wasn't that bad. I actually liked it quite a bit too. Just having some of the sillier aspects like jetpacks and Spiderman-style grappling claws made the game rather unique. Personally I liked Nightfire's weapons and maps better and that kinda won it out for me. Having laser cannons, guided missiles, and mini helicopters won me over the jetpacks and Spiderman webs.

Also, I can't say Goldeneye seemed anything too good when Perfect Dark was much better. Just throwing that out there.

1 person likes this.
  15. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States

Prox mines in the bathroom. Guaranteed kills every time.

16. vpd

Member vpd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I used to always hide remote mines in there :lol:

1 person likes this.
  17. elgarta

Member elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Golden Eye for the N64, and possibly the game that was released on the gameboy back in the day, the action rpg styled game. I loved that you could playthrough and miss things that were not able to be earned later, so it had a bit of re-play value :)

1 person likes this.
  18. Shromz

Newcomer Shromz Member

United States
    Perfect Dark, oh the times, I loved that game man.

Golden Eye for the N64... hands down the greatest one yet, just thinking about it makes me happy lol (nostalgia). I really enjoyed playing "Nightfire" on the Gamecube, usually only split screen multiplayer when my other people came to my house.