best 007 game

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in your opinion whats the best james bond 007 game out there me its a toss between two everything or nothing and blood stone but thats me and of course the old time favroite goldeneye 64 so it 3 really ....

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nightfire it is for me. I only played a round or two of multiplayer of Goldeneye back when it was released, in its so-called heyday. And because of the amount of time I spent with it I really can't judge it. I see that there was a Wii remake of the game, so I'll have to sit down with it and give it a good going through. But all in all, as of right now, Nightfire is the game that I personally remember enjoying the most. In fact I'll have to fire the game back up and give it another playthrough...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably console nightfire for me as well (the multiplayer on the PS2 and gamecube saw many many hours of play once we houseruled out oddjob at least* even if it was not half as polished as most PC games of the time or even perfect dark**) although I have yet to play one on the current consoles or the PC nightfire or come to think of it more than about 10 minutes of anything post nightfire and whatever one had a co-op mode that I have forgotten the name of and did not stack up favourably to splinter cell. I did like the N64 goldeneye but it did not age well and Perfect Dark trounced it as far as I am concerned (although XBLA update/remake aside that did not age well either).

*ksjthgkljghfkljngdf auto lockon/aiming one hit kill hat on the pigging snow level aoljdpojgoi*&*##&*

**I still maintain perfect dark has one of the finest multiplayer setups of any game to this date and if you stuck the setup over some modern levels with the options of a minor loadout/possibly some light RPG elements it would improve damn near every game (especially COD and clones thereof).

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goldeneye would be my favourite, probably for nostalgias sake, best bond game i think ea did was everything or nothing although it did seem at points to be just a mindless shooter from memory, and the best one activision has done i think is bloodstone, despite it having a few flaws and being very short i think it got the bond feel better

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Has to be Goldeneye on the N64 for me, the single player campaign was excellent, but where the game really excelled was in the multiplayer.

What a great time we had with this playing multiplayer, the split screen was a bit of a give away but still a blast.

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never really get into Nightfire. Agent Under Fire, on the other hand, was pretty awesome.

you got to be kidding right agent under fire ?! that excuse for a 007 game ugh when i first played that i wanted to puke on the cd than use it for target practice

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldeneye on the N64 is the best for me, loved that game and played it loads, single and multiplayer.
Both the single and multiplayer was solid and it was just a fantastic game for the time.
Also it was great all the action replay codes for it, some extended the replayability/fun even further. :lol:

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldeneye on the N64 is the best for me, loved that game and played it loads, single and multiplayer.
Both the single and multiplayer was solid and it was just a fantastic game for the time.
Also it was great all the action replay codes for it, some extended the replayability/fun even further. :lol:
damn straight on that one man goldeneye always

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You Goldeneye players, do you remember the proximity mines?

We made up a game using them, we would set a path, point A to point B, 1 player would lay proximity mines anywhere along the set path (while the rest of the players had no view of the screen), and the other player/s would have to try to make it through without blowing themselves up.

If you spotted any of the mines you were allowed to destroy them to make your way through, but what great fun that was trying to find the ideal spot to set a trap with a mine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never really get into Nightfire. Agent Under Fire, on the other hand, was pretty awesome.

you got to be kidding right agent under fire ?! that excuse for a 007 game ugh when i first played that i wanted to puke on the cd than use it for target practice

It wasn't that bad. I actually liked it quite a bit too. Just having some of the sillier aspects like jetpacks and Spiderman-style grappling claws made the game rather unique. Personally I liked Nightfire's weapons and maps better and that kinda won it out for me. Having laser cannons, guided missiles, and mini helicopters won me over the jetpacks and Spiderman webs.

Also, I can't say Goldeneye seemed anything too good when Perfect Dark was much better. Just throwing that out there.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You Goldeneye players, do you remember the proximity mines?

We made up a game using them, we would set a path, point A to point B, 1 player would lay proximity mines anywhere along the set path (while the rest of the players had no view of the screen), and the other player/s would have to try to make it through without blowing themselves up.

If you spotted any of the mines you were allowed to destroy them to make your way through, but what great fun that was trying to find the ideal spot to set a trap with a mine.

Prox mines in the bathroom. Guaranteed kills every time.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golden Eye for the N64, and possibly the game that was released on the gameboy back in the day, the action rpg styled game. I loved that you could playthrough and miss things that were not able to be earned later, so it had a bit of re-play value :)

Shromz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It wasn't that bad. I actually liked it quite a bit too. Just having some of the sillier aspects like jetpacks and Spiderman-style grappling claws made the game rather unique. Personally I liked Nightfire's weapons and maps better and that kinda won it out for me. Having laser cannons, guided missiles, and mini helicopters won me over the jetpacks and Spiderman webs.

Also, I can't say Goldeneye seemed anything too good when Perfect Dark was much better. Just throwing that out there.
Perfect Dark, oh the times, I loved that game man.

Golden Eye for the N64... hands down the greatest one yet, just thinking about it makes me happy lol (nostalgia). I really enjoyed playing "Nightfire" on the Gamecube, usually only split screen multiplayer when my other people came to my house.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.