Hacking bent pin in game slot 1

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow my daughter has bent one of the pins in gameslot 1.

I have had the ds apart and noticed the slot is fully encased.

Can anyone recommend where to get a new motherboard from for an original DS (i.e. not Lite or 'i').

OR is there a way of repairing it without replacing the motherboard?

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might be able to bend it back with a scalpel or something like it- just be careful as they often fatigue if you are not careful.

As for the matter at hand you can see inside the slot but you will need to desolder the slot from the motherboard.

As you asked deal extreme has a couple for lunch money, not sure if you can find any in the UK/Europe/somewhere with less shipping time but some searching should drag something up:
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604

gameboymortal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possible to remove the metal encasement from the slot 1. you just have to desolder the four large pads connecting the metal to the motherboard and then pop it off the plastic.to do so gently pry a side up while holding the rest of the slot down.Its not hard to see where and how it's held on. you need to be careful when removing the metal cover since it was the only thing holding it to the board other than the pins and because there is a tiny spring and pin mechanism which is easy to shoot across the room.I've done the repair a few times, its no riskier than replacing the slot 1 and it is both faster and easier than that or coming in from the front to unbend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi