Hacking Been out of the scene awhile

snkjulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i was into wii hacking scene from basically 09-10
after that gave my wii to my little cousin.
anyway i found out there was another zelda game coming out on wii
so i ran down bought a wii, bought a portable external hard drive 500 gig & a 2gig SD card

The wii was used and has system menu 4.1e
I followed this guide
http://gbatemp.net/topic/171901-modify-any-wii-43-below/

however he does not tell you what to do when you get an error
my wii is on wifi
and through the guide is on system 4.2e now but when i get to this step

[[Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS (The good stuff!)
Run 1. Wii Mod Batch (v2.9)
It should automatically start installing the neccesary cIOS, system menu protection and 236 (in case you need it down the road) wads you need.
Make sure it says "0 failed" at the end, and after a few seconds it will return you to The Homebrew Channel.
Continue on to Priiloader if desired (recommended).]]

It fails i have downloaded his files and followed the steps correctly however it fails at the modbatch it patches everything sucessfully for like 5mins or so then fails and resets to homebrew channel

Thanks in advance for any responses

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you know what i tought the 1st 2-3 times when i saw a thread like this? Great, some guy who created more or less cool stuff is coming back and needs help to get up to speed, so he can continue to release stuff. Can you imagine my disappointment?

Or in other words:
I could say i "was out of the scene for half a year", because i didn't do anything for 6 months, and now i updated NeoGamma again.

snkjulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know what i tought the 1st 2-3 times when i saw a thread like this? Great, some guy who created more or less cool stuff is coming back and needs help to get up to speed, so he can continue to release stuff. Can you imagine my disappointment?

Or in other words:
I could say i "was out of the scene for half a year", because i didn't do anything for 6 months, and now i updated NeoGamma again.

Should i have named the thread havent been keeping up to date on wii hacking?
i was just asking for help/advice on my problem
and im on a mac atm so i cant use modmii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's annoying that the response to almost everything is "Use ModMii to rehack your Wii", but there's some truth to it. With ModMii lots of stuff is really easy, installing/updating IOS, installing a cIOS, installing Sneek/Uneek, and some other stuff. And since that's all possible with ModMii, almost nobdoy cares about solutions not involving ModMii anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o