Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
oldgen 3ds xl
system settings ver : 9.2.0-20 U
home brew launcher : 1.1.1
entry: soundhax

Hi all my specs are above. I have cfmed with soundhax and will like to update the homebrew launcher if its worth doing so?
A friend told me to get the latest luma which is the most updated for 3ds. May i know how to go about it? do I just simply install luma as a new app ?

thanks

memphisB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi lilith,

thanks for the reply. I followed the same guide you posted when i first cfmed it. Do i repeat repeat everything with the guide, along with the embeded new links to update including home brew launcher?

quick question before i update:

1) without updating, is it possible to play .3ds files? the file does not seem to show in my current 1.1.1 homebrew. That is the sole reason i feel there is a need to update.
2) If i do proceed to update. do i need to specifically uninstalled prev cfm or the updates will just over write current cfm?

thanks

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply. I followed the same guide you posted when i first cfmed it. Do i repeat repeat everything with the guide, along with the embeded new links to update including home brew launcher?
post a pic of your sd cards root directory
1) without updating, is it possible to play .3ds files? the file does not seem to show in my current 1.1.1 homebrew. That is the sole reason i feel there is a need to update.
.3ds files are not homebrew they are roms and no you can only play roms on a flashcard, .3dsx files are homebrew and should show in your homebrew, and cfw allows you to play (or rather install) .cia files (roms converted into install-able apps), although a .cia file can also be homebrew or firmware file as well
2) If i do proceed to update. do i need to specifically uninstalled prev cfm or the updates will just over write current cfm?
that depends on your setup which as you posted actually makes no sense
I followed the same guide you posted when i first cfmed it.

system settings ver : 9.2.0-20 U

entry: soundhax
if you followed that guide you would not be on 9.2 and that guide used soundhax as a install point not an entry point so please post your sd cards root directory so i can get an idea of your setup

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8