been a while and need guidance to upgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by memphisB, Jan 13, 2019.

1. memphisB
    OP

memphisB Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2003
    Senegal
    oldgen 3ds xl
    system settings ver : 9.2.0-20 U
    home brew launcher : 1.1.1
    entry: soundhax

Hi all my specs are above. I have cfmed with soundhax and will like to update the homebrew launcher if its worth doing so?
    A friend told me to get the latest luma which is the most updated for 3ds. May i know how to go about it? do I just simply install luma as a new app ?

thanks

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    It's completely work updating, so much has changed over the years and the latest Luma3DS is seriously an amazing CFW.
    Just follow this guide and ask questions as come across them
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/

3. memphisB
    OP

memphisB Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2003
    Senegal
    Hi lilith,

thanks for the reply. I followed the same guide you posted when i first cfmed it. Do i repeat repeat everything with the guide, along with the embeded new links to update including home brew launcher?

quick question before i update:

1) without updating, is it possible to play .3ds files? the file does not seem to show in my current 1.1.1 homebrew. That is the sole reason i feel there is a need to update.
    2) If i do proceed to update. do i need to specifically uninstalled prev cfm or the updates will just over write current cfm?

thanks

4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    post a pic of your sd cards root directory
    .3ds files are not homebrew they are roms and no you can only play roms on a flashcard, .3dsx files are homebrew and should show in your homebrew, and cfw allows you to play (or rather install) .cia files (roms converted into install-able apps), although a .cia file can also be homebrew or firmware file as well
    that depends on your setup which as you posted actually makes no sense
    if you followed that guide you would not be on 9.2 and that guide used soundhax as a install point not an entry point so please post your sd cards root directory so i can get an idea of your setup

Last edited by wormdood, Jan 13, 2019