Gaming Beatles rockband retail issue

pcrash12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I have the beatles rockband retail disk. I bought the box set with all the bells and whistles last year. The game at first, played great. I then decided to soft mod my wii. Now it will only play on my backup loader as a backup. When I try to put the retail disk in, it looks like it wants to load but then just hangs on a blank screen forever. How can I get my retail disk working again? I'm on 4.1U I don't have anything extra installed, just HBC and Herms and on rev17. Please help. All my backup games work great but this retail disk is not working.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pcrash12 said:
Hey guys. I have the beatles rockband retail disk. I bought the box set with all the bells and whistles last year. The game at first, played great. I then decided to soft mod my wii. Now it will only play on my backup loader as a backup. When I try to put the retail disk in, it looks like it wants to load but then just hangs on a blank screen forever. How can I get my retail disk working again? I'm on 4.1U I don't have anything extra installed, just HBC and Herms and on rev17. Please help. All my backup games work great but this retail disk is not working.
What's the point of playing the retail disk if you can play the backup? (or the retail game as a backup???)
Maybe the DVD is scratched. Either go to the store and trade your broken game or polish the DVD with toothpaste (works for me
smile.gif
)
BTW: Where are you loading the disk from, the Wii's Disk Channel or the Backup Loader? 'Cause you should load it from the Disk Channel.

dmau1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did this to me when I brought it home on release day to my softmodded Wii. Are you using Preloader to block updates from the disc channel? I was, and I kept getting the behavior you described until I changed the setting in Preloader to allow updates, started the game and -- stupidly at the time not knowing if it was safe or not, but I wasn't waiting to play that -- accepted the update it asked to apply. After that the game worked fine.

It didn't seem to harm my homebrew setup in any way; it didn't update my System Menu (whatever version it was back then, can't recall), delete the HBC or anything like that, and it didn't interfere with the RawkSD for Rock Band 2, which uses IOS 37, at all. I'm guessing it just installed an IOS used for TB:RB and didn't touch anything else. I'm not making any guarantees that it's safe for you, I'm not really an expert but that was my experience. I'm sure someone here is knowledgeable about all these details and can tell you exactly.

If such a person does show up, I'm very curious about the same issue with regard to RB3 being released tomorrow -- I'm guessing nobody knows before release but I wonder if it will require an update, and if so will it be a possibly safe one like TB:RB or will you need to manually update some things to run it without accepting the update from the disk?

dmau1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
george80817 said:
How did you change the setting in preloader?

It's in the Preloader* menu. If you don't get the Preloader screen when you boot your Wii, shut down, hold down the reset button on the front and hit the power button to turn it on. Keep holding reset until the Preloader menu pops up. From there look under something like Options or System Settings or if it's not there possibly in the Hacks menu. You're looking for a settings labeled something like "Block disc update checks", something about disc updates.

* Newer versions are called "Priiloader", that's the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg