Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAKE MIRCROSD's ARE DANGEROUS!!!

To all those who are planning to purchase microsd for the newly
purchased R4, please be careful.

Don't buy your MicroSD just because they are cheap.
I've read news about fake MicroSD which are offered at ridiculously cheap price.
Those are Chinese made MicroSD using slow or 2nd grade memory, which will
result your R4 to perform incorrectly. (I saw few people having Castlevania RoR not running properly.)

If most shops are selling 1GB Kingston at around $30~$40 and
if one shop offers the same thing at $15 or less, it's going to be a fake one,
unless you are using a coupon/points to get a discount.

Links regarding the make MicroSD... google it and you will find lot more.

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2987
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/575653.html

KingEdgar0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Kingston seems to be one of the best choices, as long as you get one made in japan.

but yeah, buy from somewhere reputable when you get your microSD card. You can get a 1G made in japan Kingston for $25 from newegg for instance. I was a little worried that it would be made in taiwan at that price, but it was a good one
smile.gif

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get mine off amazon.com
ohmy.gif
I've only gotten SanDisk ones though, and they work absolutely fine!

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Kingston seems to be one of the best choices, as long as you get one made in japan.

but yeah, buy from somewhere reputable when you get your microSD card. You can get a 1G made in japan Kingston for $25 from newegg for instance. I was a little worried that it would be made in taiwan at that price, but it was a good one
smile.gif

Unfortunately i see that my Kingston 1 GB was made in taiwan...but for $15 its hard to pass up. Is it noticeably slower or inferior?

D

Deleted User

So if they're made in Taiwan are they inferior? Why? I got a Sandisk 1GB for $42.95 AUSfrom a local retailer which is made in Taiwan. Seems to be o.k.

aristo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if they're made in Taiwan are they inferior? Why? I got a Sandisk 1GB for $42.95 AUSfrom a local retailer which is made in Taiwan. Seems to be o.k.

No, It doesn't make Taiwan made memory inferior...
There are really cheap memory available which looks exactly same with packaging and manual everything.
Some memory are produced in Taiwan and China by OEM. However those really cheap fakes are problematic one...

My friend had one, he was blabbering about how cheap he bought his memory and so on...
After 1 week.. he lost all his date on it and... online store he bought it from had dissapeared...
sleep.gif
;
So, I am just saying to be careful...

D

Deleted User

o.k I see. I have heard of fake ones being sold on E-Bay then the E-Bay seller disappears.

aristo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea I got the same deal as Hairy except from emart and it was probably a dollar cheaper but I am still waiting on it arriving... it was shipped on the 27 of last month >

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_1GB_micro.../202984127.html

Thats what i have...

Got the same exact one. Says "SD-C01G JAPAN" on it and I haven't had any problems with it.

Where did yours say that? I'm looking at my microSD right now and on the back of it, it says the follow;

SDC/1GB
30785-001.A00LF
TAIWAN

*Edit: When you said you got yours, did you get it from Buy.com? I got mine during the Google Checkout deal so i picked it up for like $14.95 shipped after rebates.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_1GB_micro.../202984127.html

Thats what i have...

Got the same exact one. Says "SD-C01G JAPAN" on it and I haven't had any problems with it.

Where did yours say that? I'm looking at my microSD right now and on the back of it, it says the follow;

SDC/1GB
30785-001.A00LF
TAIWAN

*Edit: When you said you got yours, did you get it from Buy.com? I got mine during the Google Checkout deal so i picked it up for like $14.95 shipped after rebates.
Yeah, got it from Buy.com when they were doing that whole deal ($30 - $10 Google Checkout promo - $10 MIR + $0 Free Shipping = $10.00). They kept fluctuating the price every other day so some people got $10.00, some got $12.67, and apparently $14.95. On the front of the card, mine says:
CODE
0646G96681U
SD-C01G JAPAN

SDC/1GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)