Suggestion BBCode table support

VitaType

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hallo,

I wanted to add a table with pictures of consoles to these post for the emulator section (the emulator section of the first post).
The idea is to have two rows and one column per console entry.
Every entry contains in the upper row a picture of the console and in the lower one a list of emulatornames (which are links) [There is a bit more of structuring to it as multiple tables, but thats isn't important for the request].
I belive that way this forum would have the best overview of HENKaku Vita emulators on the internet.
These emulators are (as always with homebrew emulators) massivly popular.
I think these could help to attract more people to this site which could become member of these community.

Therfore I would like to have table support for this forum software.
I know that these is possible (please take a look here here)

Yours sincerely,
VitaType

Edit: I know that I stress the meaning of the table tags. But it would look nice and be clearly and guarantee a good overview.

Last edited by VitaType,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quasi solution for the meantime
https://ozh.github.io/ascii-tables/

If you reckon HTML will do you then that might also be available --> any mod can enable HTML for any post.

I am not sure what will come of this, though if we are considering it then maybe also add some support for formulae.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I often wanted to make (hidden) tables too just to align elements or pictures and text without necessarily seeing the table border, and used html, but only moderator have access to that option.
I also thought about integrating wiki pages in iframe, but that could be exploited (hacking issues?).

Making table could be useful for lot of guides and tutorials.
The first xenforo plugin you linked looks nice and it's free. There's no wysiwyg integration, but it's not too hard to learn how to use tags manually.
The only issue is the css is done manually (tr1 tr2) if you add a line you have to edit all your tags! css3.0 or jquery can do it automatically.
it also doesn't allow hidden table border, right?
well, it's a free plugin, good enough for a start maybe.

VitaType

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you reckon HTML will do you then that might also be available --> any mod can enable HTML for any post.
I didn't knowed that. Thanks I contacted a moderator.

Edit: Sadly not possible if you edit the post after it was enabled it gets disabled again.

Last edited by VitaType,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a mod can enable it, but if you edit your post, html will be disabled automatically. a mod will have to re-enable it after each edit you want to do. but that's not a problem, just ask and we will do it.

Helping him out with this via pm... Found this to be exactly the case :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol