Hacking Bayonetta 1 stuck on white screen loadiine gx2

GinBunBun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the first Bayonetta game not the second one loads in loadiine gx2. it shows a black screen with the loading symbol in the corner. Then it goes to a white screen and stays there. I can still hit the home button and go back to the dashboard but it won't get past that white screen no matter what. Any ideas? I tried searching around but I couldn't find anything related to this game and it's also not listed on the compatibility list.

TSSableye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the first Bayonetta game not the second one loads in loadiine gx2. it shows a black screen with the loading symbol in the corner. Then it goes to a white screen and stays there. I can still hit the home button and go back to the dashboard but it won't get past that white screen no matter what. Any ideas? I tried searching around but I couldn't find anything related to this game and it's also not listed on the compatibility list.

You've probably just got a bad dump on your hands. Just go to THAT ISO SITE and get the game from a different thread.

Edit: And yes, I can confirm for ya that Bayonetta (the first one) does work on Loadiine gx2 (flawlessly if I may add)

Reactions: GinBunBun

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You've probably just got a bad dump on your hands. Just go to THAT ISO SITE and get the game from a different thread.

Edit: And yes, I can confirm for ya that Bayonetta (the first one) does work on Loadiine gx2 (flawlessly if I may add)
Yep I can also confirm the Bayonetta 1 works perfectly on loadiine as I have completed the whole game with zero issues

Reactions: GinBunBun

GinBunBun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok thank you everybody I will get another dump of it and give it a shot.

cakerawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I hope I'm allowed to bump
I am having a similar problem, but using different dumps is not helping.

I'm using a EUR version on a PAL console (5.5.1), tried 3 different versions. The white screens occur on a 'flashback' cutscene when the screen flashes white but stats like that. I can skip them but they don't play. Is there a setting I need to use in loadiine or am I really unlucky with the dumps? (Should I switch to US? Do I need to rename files if so?)

Should I use a different (more stable) version of loadiine (I didn't bother to look too hard so I picked the latest nightly build from a week ago)
Pls help, I have to look up each scene on YouTube on my phone and it's a pain. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I downgraded my version of loadiine to the one listed for the game on the compatibility wiki and it's fine. My bad. (I've never had to solve a problem this way so I didn't think it would work.) pls forgive this waste of a post lol

Last edited by cakerawr,
Reactions: Deleted User

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I hope I'm allowed to bump
I am having a similar problem, but using different dumps is not helping.

I'm using a EUR version on a PAL console (5.5.1), tried 3 different versions. The white screens occur on a 'flashback' cutscene when the screen flashes white but stats like that. I can skip them but they don't play. Is there a setting I need to use in loadiine or am I really unlucky with the dumps? (Should I switch to US? Do I need to rename files if so?)

Should I use a different (more stable) version of loadiine (I didn't bother to look too hard so I picked the latest nightly build from a week ago)
Pls help, I have to look up each scene on YouTube on my phone and it's a pain. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I downgraded my version of loadiine to the one listed for the game on the compatibility wiki and it's fine. My bad. (I've never had to solve a problem this way so I didn't think it would work.) pls forgive this waste of a post lol

how did you do the downgrade? i have been seaching through so many threads and they don't explain how to run them. it's not the same method as just drag and drop like gx2. a kernel is needed from what i can tell. I'm on version 5.4.0 btw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

btw i forget to mention that its not the white screen freeze that i get, i'm in chapter 3 and when i start the stage it stays on the loading screen where you can practice your combos.

Last edited by jerzmob,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how did you do the downgrade? i have been seaching through so many threads and they don't explain how to run them. it's not the same method as just drag and drop like gx2. a kernel is needed from what i can tell. I'm on version 5.4.0 btw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

btw i forget to mention that its not the white screen freeze that i get, i'm in chapter 3 and when i start the stage it stays on the loading screen where you can practice your combos.
WTF are you on about??? cakerawr just downloaded a older version of loadiine_gx2 and put that on the sd card.

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF are you on about??? cakerawr just downloaded a older version of loadiine_gx2 and put that on the sd card.
first of if you have nothing enticing to input then don't post anything at all. Clearly i'm not the only case of bayonetta not working like some other users on different fw version and different versions of loadiine. loadiine v4 still happens to be used by many but only works up to 5.3.2 although loadiine v3 does actually work on 5.4.0 (which is what i'm on) it does have much more higher compatibility than gx2. i don't know how to make loadiine v3 work because it needs Kernel and that is where i get stuck. i already did the above mention by cakerawr and if you would've read my post thoroughly i clearly state that it doesn't load after chapter 3. The PAL version is the one that's most shared but i did manage to grab the USA region but its not loadiine ready. not sure how much of a difference that would make but its worth a shot rather than looking for a clean PAL copy if it is indeed the game files that are messed up.

UPDATE: extracting the USA WUD with UWizard did the trick. Game works flawlessly. I must have had a bad PAL dump.

Last edited by jerzmob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?