Hacking Battery life cyclods

Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the updated battery life with a cyclo card?
With battery saver mode and without?

SDHC card battery life
SD battery life?

I have an edge card, but from what I read and seen the edge card has a much longer battery life........

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo has on-board memory that stores the firmware, so it will use up more battery life than lesser flash cards.
Here is a battery life test that was done by a moderator on the Team Cyclops forums.
QUOTE said:
BATTERY TEST:

Conditions:
* Enamel Navy Nintendo DS Lite (EUR)
* The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) Game Card
* CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B2 (HW v1.1) and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) ROM
* EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (Set to LOW Rumble with the CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B2)
* SanDisk 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC
* Kingston 2GB Made in Japan MicroSD

Nintendo DS Lite Conditions: Test turning on The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) Game Card or CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B2 with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) ROM and SanDisk 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC and Kingston 2GB Made in Japan MicroSD at Full Brightness and Volume, and leaving it looping without pressing any buttons, where time starts from a fully charged Green Power LED and stops as soon as the Nintendo DS turns itself off when the battery is drained, alternating tests with the Nintendo DS Lite Dust Cover or an EZ-Flash 3-in-1.

Test 1:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) Game Card and Nintendo DS Lite Dust Cover.
Time started: 23:06 / 11:06PM
Time ended: 03:40 / 3:40AM
Total time: 4 Hours 34 Minutes

Test 2:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) Game Card and EZ-Flash 3-in-1.
Time started: 02:34 / 2:34AM
Time ended: 06:52 / 6:52AM
Total time: 4 Hours 18 Minutes

Test 3:
CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B2 and SanDisk 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) ROM and Nintendo DS Lite Dust Cover.
Time started: 16:00 / 4:00PM
Time ended: 19:55 / 7:55PM
Total time: 3 Hours 55 Minutes

Test 4:
CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B2 and SanDisk 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) ROM and EZ-Flash 3-in-1 with Rumble set to Low.
Time started: 01:02 / 1:02AM
Time ended: 04:43 / 4:43AM
Total time: 3 Hours 41 Minutes

Test 5:
CycloDS Evolution FW v1.5B3 with Experimental Battery Saver Mode Enabled and SanDisk 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U) ROM and Nintendo DS Lite Dust Cover.
Time started: 21:43 / 9:43PM
Time ended: 01:43 / 1:43:AM
Total time: 4 Hours

**EDIT**
I forgot to check when it went red, so the test is for when the DS turns itself off
BTW, I've used the DS a fair bit. It's relatively new, but not necessarily brand new. I think an 8GB MicroSDHC would be a good benchmark, since it does use more power, to give the MicroSDHC users, and the MicroSD users some idea. I'll use a 2GB Made in Japan Kingston MicroSD as well to redo the CycloDS Evolution tests when the 8GB MicroSDHC tests are done.. I hope the battery doesn't change much if it is drained to empty and charged to full again.

If the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 does not have much of an effect on the original Phantom Hourglass Game Card but has an effect on the CycloDS Evolution, I'll redo some tests with the Rumble set to Disabled instead of Low..

**EDIT**
During Test 3, when the LED went Red, I tried to pick up my DS Lite and clumsily the DS Lite fell on the floor, and the game crashed :S I did a very quick power cycle and held L+R to go straight back into the game to continue flushing out the battery. I hope that didn't disturb the test results by a noticeable margin, and I'll redo the test after Test 4 :S I also subtracted a minute from the time ended.
If I'm up to it at the end, I can redo Test 1 as well since I charged the DS Lite to full from a little before a Red LED approximately as opposed to a drained and empty battery like the other tests..

**EDIT**
I redid test 1 and test 3 to get accurate results on par with the other tests, and I scrapped the 2GB MicroSD test. I guess it's fair to say that the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 does not take much power all things considered, and that it's a good idea to remember that when the Power LED goes red, it does not mean the battery is just about to run out, but that the battery has about ~40 or more left!

**EDIT**
The test was redone on the CycloDS Evolution with the new CycloDS Evolution v1.5B3 Experimental Battery Saver Mode Feature as Test 5.
http://teamcyclops.com/forum/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: