Gaming Hardware What are your thoughts on the Steam Deck OLED?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So recently, Valve has announced the Steam Deck OLED, and I believe that its 100x better than the previous model.

It has a much longer battery life thanks to the six nanometer chip and a 22% larger battery cell, has faster RAM, and a quieter fan that's slightly larger compared to the latter, and better joysticks.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's objectively better but not worth an upgrade if you already own one.
The performance improvements are maybe 10% if you get lucky and for games that were already playable that's irrelevant, and the ones that weren't playable won't suddenly become playable either.

For anyone that was on the fence, particularly because of the okay-at-best display of the LCD version, then this one should definitely be a good buying argument. It removes the most glaring issue (the screen) and otherwise has some nice QOL improvements for a reasonable price.

I am kind of annoyed that I have an LCD one and just buying the OLED one would be a stupid waste of money. But if I can find someone that would buy mine then maybe I'd consider upgrading.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...