Battalion Wars 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Azunite, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009

Battalion Wars 2 by Azunite at 1:37 AM (1,451 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Azunite
    OP

Newcomer Azunite Newbie

United States
    Hi all,

I can't seem to get my backup copy of battalion wars 2 work online. As soon as a game (any) is found and the map gets loaded, I get dc.
    Game is pal version and I'm using a 3.2E pal wii softmodded and backup launcher gamma 0.3.
    I've also tried forcing region and reboot with hooks+launching from disc channel.
    The compatibility list says that happens with the NTSC version, but I'm running pal... any hint?

Thanks

2. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try CIOSCORP

3. bin01

Member bin01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im having the same problem, even with CIOSCORP

4. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    maybe it's a bad copy... for wi-fi?

5. solcott

Newcomer solcott Member

Kazakhstan
    This is a known problem with trying to play Battallion Wars 2 online with softmod based optical loading, the game only loads half as fast using a softmod compared to a real disc so you don't have time to get everything loaded to join the game and are seen as inactive and dropped.

At least the slow loading is an assumed theory, but this game just doesn't work online using an optical disc based softmod, using USB Loader works fine online due to the game being loadable faster than on a real disc.