Hacking Batman Brave & the Bold (USA) - black screen, help please

chickenlips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I downloaded 'Batman_The_Brave_And_The_Bold_USA_WII-PLAYME' and I've tried it through NeoGamma disc launcher r7 rev20 cIOS249. That just got me a black screen, and a "dead" controller (usually). So then I tried Configurable USB Loader cIOS 222. This has the same result. I've tried fiddling with some of the launchers' options, but the result has always been the same.

I'm using a Japanese Wii. Using backups has been very successful using either NeoGamma or CFG Loader, and I've been able to play almost every game I've tried. (the only exception was Punch-Out, but then I got the Japanese version and it's fine) I've done it all through SD card and softmodding, homebrew channel ... I have system version 4.2J.

I've also tried 'Batman The Brave And The Bold [English][WII-Scrubber][USA]' on CFG Loader, and getting the same result.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

chickenlips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update - I gave the new NeoGamma a try. Thanks for the suggestion, but, it didn't work for me. Maybe it's the ISO, maybe it's the (Japanese) Wii .... I might try GX Loader, or, just keep playing the loads of cool games I already have in my collection. Hoping for Batman to be released in Japan someday ...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Do not patch games before burning.
2. If NeoGamma doesn't freeze itself and doesn't show an error, then the burn quality should be ok.
3. If you try to play a NTSC game, set the video mode to NTSC480i or disc for best compatiblty(and if that's black&white, it's your tv's fault)
4. On some import games you need to force a language that is used in the game, so for NTSC-U games, english for example
5. On some import games NTSC-J most other regions, you need to enable Country String patching

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!