GCN Baten Kaitos Origins - way to identify files in the ISO?

JanP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi!

So for no good reason, I decided to try and make a texture pack for this game. I could dump textures through Dolphin and then do a texture pack, but I thought I'd see if I could take them straight from the .iso.
By using DAT Texture Wizard, I could indeed export the files (the software could not read any of the files as textures though).
However, they are all plain files with no extension:
FILE_E0008046
And such.

So I googled to see if anyone's done anything with it before. I found a thread called "NEED BIG HELP!" (would post a link, but can't yet) on VG Resource, where Huskyfish14 was trying to get models from the game. Everyone told him to look at the files in a HEX editor and determine their extensions from there. Unfortunately, he didn't succeed.
Nonetheless, I tried the same thing. I tried DROID and TrID, but DROID recognized nothing and TrID only recognized about 300 files, and I'm not sure correctly. (I couldn't play any of what it identified as mp3s for instance)

HOWEVER - the Cutting Room Floor wiki has an entry on Baten Kaitos Origins - and it lists a bunch of cut content from the discs, including sound files.
I have files with the same name, but different size. (and renaming them to .ogg doesn't make them playable)

Does anyone know how they ripped the ISO, or how they identified which files were what? Maybe the way I exported the files was wrong?

JanP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
OK, actually! What TrID identified as .thp files, are in fact .thp movie files. So I have the intro and whatnot. Not what I needed, but cool?

D

Deleted User

A Undub patch for Baten Kaitos Origins is available on romhacking.net

This patch allows to change 100% of the voices of Baten Kaitos Origins in japanese.
It is compatible with the US version and the translated FR version from MYTH-Project and Atelier Traduction.
All the scenes, battle voices and videos have been undubbed.

Reactions: Wii_Shaker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64