ROM Hack Baten Kaitos HD Remaster - Dub Restore Effort

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Helsionium put as much time in the remaster as Bamco. To greater result as well. I am still glad they did this, cause now we have a version with a few extra options, and to be fair, they did do new high res images for the cards.
I still think the absence of the english audio is a disgrace.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The beta release of the Baten Kaitos Origins dub mod is here!

Download link: https://files.helsionium.eu/BKO_EnglishDub_v0.9beta.zip
I am on Windows 10 installed the latest version of Java, followed all of your instructions, but the patcher keeps failing, here is what is says:

xCgx4Vg.png

YHMF80k.png

Why won't it work?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Why won't it work?
Not enough free memory (RAM), it seems.
The patcher itself requires 512-1024 MB of free RAM and the operating system will require an additional 600 MB or so during the file I/O operations. Your error message seems to indicate that the patcher itself has enough RAM available but the operating system has run out of RAM for the file I/O operations.

The only solution will be to close programs running in the background to free up some RAM. I tested it on my Windows 10 laptop with 8 GB RAM and it worked fine all the time. However, if you have less than 8 GB of RAM in total, it might be difficult to run the patcher at all.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 32GB of RAM and 250GB of free space on my SSD, I tried multiple times it keeps failing, I was able to make it work once and was able to make Baiten Kaitos Origins in english after multiple attemps, but I tried multiple times patching Baten Kaitos 1, but it keeps failing, I tried to restart my PC, it didn't change anything, also everything is closed, I am only running the patcher, task manager says that only 4GB of RAM is being used, I dunno why it keeps failing, any work arounds?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
There are links to the patched files in this thread, so you can just download them from there.

Other than that, it may be a problem with the specific version of Java you're using. Make sure to use a 64-bit version. The specific version I used for testing was Java 17.0.8, but in theory any version from 8 to 21 *should* work. I'm not a professional programmer, though, and therefore can't really provide any more support with this.

Reactions: Grand_Papillon

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are links to the patched files in this thread, so you can just download them from there.
Thanks! I was finally able to get everything set up and everything is in english now, I had 1 more question though, do you know if you can use the japanese version without any bugs or problems? I am asking because I can get my hands on the 1.0.2 update I for 0100F28018CA4000 (which is the japanese version), but for 0100C07018CA6000 (the US version) I can only get the 1.0.1 update.

https://nintendoeverything.com/bate...ter-update-out-now-version-1-0-2-patch-notes/

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
You can use the patch with any version that supports the English language (JP or US version). Reports by other users in this thread suggest that it also works with 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, though I haven't tested that myself yet. However, the patch itself isn't bug-free yet. Nothing game-breaking, but some voice lines are missing or out of sync with the displayed text. I'm planning to release a version that fixes most of the problems in BK1 within the next week.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the patch with any version that supports the English language (JP or US version).

Thanks!

Reports by other users in this thread suggest that it also works with 1.0.1

Yeah I tried with both Yuzu and Ryujinx and the game works normally with 1.0.1, Yuzu seems to run the game better as the intro cutscene for Baten Kaitos Origins doesn't run normally with Ryujinx.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Well, my work on the Baten Kaitos 1 dub mod is nearly complete now.

Current status:
  • All of the lines with missing voice have been fixed except the line "So, that's your name..." at the very beginning. I can't fix that one because that line isn't voiced in the Japanese version - so I can't replace it.
  • All instances of the spoken dialogue going completely out-of-sync with the displayed text should have been fixed
  • All instances of premature cut-off in automatic dialogue should have been fixed
  • Mizuti's song is now working properly
  • The credits now list the English voice actors and voice recording staff
  • Due to the issue described in this post, sometimes the spoken dialogue doesn't match the written text. Gibari's end-game sidequest is the worst offender. Otherwise, the written text is usually "close enough" to the spoken dialogue. Unfortunately, I can't fix these.
I just can't release it right now because I want to check out the official 1.0.2 update first - but I don't have it. I can't find it anywhere and currently can't dump it myself. I'd need to check both versions (JP/US) as well, because the 1.0.1 update didn't contain the same changes for all regions.

So, for now, I'm going to playtest and debug the Baten Kaitos Origins mod.

ChimpsAhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Helsionium,

Just want to say thank you for all of the effort in giving us the definitive version of Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 that we deserved. I can't stress it enough. I'm not sure if this is on your radar of things to change for the mod, but do you plan on restoring the original menu sound effects that were in the original releases? One such example I can recall is the mouse click sound effect for scrolling through menus that the remaster opted for. It feels out of place and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it before.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, my work on the Baten Kaitos 1 dub mod is nearly complete now.

Current status:
  • All of the lines with missing voice have been fixed except the line "So, that's your name..." at the very beginning. I can't fix that one because that line isn't voiced in the Japanese version - so I can't replace it.
  • All instances of the spoken dialogue going completely out-of-sync with the displayed text should have been fixed
  • All instances of premature cut-off in automatic dialogue should have been fixed
  • Mizuti's song is now working properly
  • The credits now list the English voice actors and voice recording staff
  • Due to the issue described in this post, sometimes the spoken dialogue doesn't match the written text. Gibari's end-game sidequest is the worst offender. Otherwise, the written text is usually "close enough" to the spoken dialogue. Unfortunately, I can't fix these.
I just can't release it right now because I want to check out the official 1.0.2 update first - but I don't have it. I can't find it anywhere and currently can't dump it myself. I'd need to check both versions (JP/US) as well, because the 1.0.1 update didn't contain the same changes for all regions.

So, for now, I'm going to playtest and debug the Baten Kaitos Origins mod.

Helsionium, i used nxdumptool to get the 1.0.2 official update from my original game, however i have the japanese version with ID 0100F28018CA4000 so i don't know if it's what you were looking for specifically... but anyway here it is:

-deleted-

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Helsionium, i used nxdumptool to get the 1.0.2 official update from my original game, however i have the japanese version with ID 0100F28018CA4000 so i don't know if it's what you were looking for specifically... but anyway here it is:
Thank you, another user has already provided me with the JP version 1.0.2.
Maybe you should delete the link you posted, because it might be against the board rules.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you, another user has already provided me with the JP version 1.0.2.
Maybe you should delete the link you posted, because it might be against the board rules.
Oh so you already have it, good to know :)
Yeah better remove it then
( but just in case anyone needs it dm me :ph34r: )

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Helsionium,

Just want to say thank you for all of the effort in giving us the definitive version of Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 that we deserved. I can't stress it enough. I'm not sure if this is on your radar of things to change for the mod, but do you plan on restoring the original menu sound effects that were in the original releases? One such example I can recall is the mouse click sound effect for scrolling through menus that the remaster opted for. It feels out of place and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it before.
I noticed that as well and don't like it very much.

Draconiss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent seen this mentioned yet,

But im putting the english dub folder into the yuzu mod folder and its still not working?

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But im putting the english dub folder into the yuzu mod folder and its still not working?
Make sure you create new folders with the IDs listed in the instructions (those exact folder names ie 01 and 02 didn't auto generate for me, only the 00 folder did).

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria

The game consists of 3 partitions.
For example, the US version has these 3 title IDs:
0100C07018CA6000 - Launcher
0100C07018CA6001 - Baten Kaitos 1
0100C07018CA6002 - Baten Kaitos Origins

You need to put the patch folder into the folder for the Baten Kaitos 1 partition (0100C07018CA6001).
Create that folder if it's not there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya