ROM Hack Baten Kaitos HD Remaster - Dub Restore Effort

roastbeef56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have nxdump tool, i have the game, but when i go toromfs section data dump and pick one of the sections all of them give errors. i already did a fresh install
and still same errors. also this is on actual hardware not an emulator
Post automatically merged:

error is parseRomFsEntryFromNca:invalid header size for NCA Romfs section

ok so ran lockpickrcm again and the first of the three sections in the menu for romfs data dump ,the first section dumps fine but the other two wont dump and give the error

parseRomFsEntryFromNca:invalid directory/file table for nca romfs section

ok yall i finally got the romfs and patched it. i used dbi to dump the games nsp. then use yuzu to dump the romfs then use the mod patch and that finaly worked about to test it to see if the mod works in game!!

IT WORRRRKSSS!!!!
YAYYYYYY!!!!
Same worked for me!! Thank you everyone for your insight and help. And especially thank you to Helsionium for this amazing patch!

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE!!
mod so far works with game version1.0.1

now just need cheats to edit blank magnus , perfect photos without light/darkflare, and edit time on magnus to make some things change quicker....or not at all.

this place makes me drool....i wanna eat the whole town!!!

Attachments

• 1695946776276.png
    1695946776276.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by kiyafox,

TokenBK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have nxdump tool, i have the game, but when i go toromfs section data dump and pick one of the sections all of them give errors. i already did a fresh install

ok so ran lockpickrcm again and the first of the three sections in the menu for romfs data dump ,the first section dumps fine but the other two wont dump and give the error

ok yall i finally got the romfs and patched it. i used dbi to dump the games nsp. then use yuzu to dump the romfs then use the mod patch and that finaly worked about to test it to see if the mod works in game!!

IT WORRRRKSSS!!!!
YAYYYYYY!!!!

IT WORRRRKSSS!!!!
YAYYYYYY!!!!
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, I want the English dub on my actual switch but don't know what to do. Could you please explain or send over what you did? Thank you

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, I want the English dub on my actual switch but don't know what to do. Could you please explain or send over what you did? Thank you
yes. i can explain. but first do you have a pc and a way to conect your switch to it and do you have yuzu?

1 i found the simplest way to get the romfs was to get a nsp of the baten kaitos

2 add it to yuzu ther right click right click on game select dump romfs. there's a box that shows up with basically 3 options where the only difference is the last number.... you want to dump the option that ends with the number 1.

3 then take the patch files and put them in the romfs folder and run the bat file, if the patcher is successful move to step 4 if not make sure the patcher and its files are in the romfs folder

4 open your switch on pc go to atmosphere/contents make a folder that's titled 0100C07018CA6001

5 then drop the romfs folder into 0100C07018CA6001

it worked best for me because my switch wasn't puting the romfs on my pc right some kinda error happened on transfer.

if your having trouble geting romfs for games on switch its easyest to dump the game to a nsp then add it to yuzu and dump with yuzu to get teh romfs for a game

actually if its not illegal i could put up my patched files set in a zip you just extract to your atmosphre/ contents folder

Last edited by kiyafox,

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People. I have to write this out to you guys:
I was playing the remaster in japanese for 6 hours, then i learned about this mod effort and I stopped playing.
I liked playing it, But there was something missing. It just felt wrong.
Then about a week later the mod finally came out, installed, had to start over (used different region, and i play this on a custom firmware switch)
Now I have been playing the game for 3 hours and my god, I am absolutely in love with it. Everything feels right again. The voices, the catchphrases, even Giacomo's battle cries. It all feels extremely familiar and with the whole HD remaster stuff. I am so happy right now with this game. I am falling in love with it all over again. The biggest reason for me to stop playing the original one (over the years), simply was the outdated graphics. It felt so old, and it was fun for a couple of hours, but then I lost interest and moved on to other games again. But now. The drive I have is so great.

All thanks to Helsionium. Again. This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you, so so much.
I hope everyone else is having a great time too!

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by kiyafox,

noojy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
k
this should work and if its not alowed ill remove it later when im awake fully ive also added some files of guides i got from gamefaqs and edited to make easyer to read with out changeing content. basicly just delted a bunch of extra enter key presses

hi thanks for the file, theres no need to extract my own romfs right? just drag & drop your files am i right?

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Back in june i bought the asian limited edition from asobistore.jp using the proxy zenmarket and today it finally arrived

However since this is the asian version the title IDs are different:

launcher: 0100F28018CA4000
BK1: 0100F28018CA4001
BK2: 0100F28018CA4002

I was afraid it was not going to work but it did!
All i had to do was rename the folder 0100C07018CA6001 to 0100F28018CA4001 and put it in atmosphere/contents

Thank you so much Helsionium!!
Do you have a Ko-fi? Id like to thank you there :D

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was afraid it was not going to work but it did!
All i had to do was rename the folder 0100C07018CA6001 to 0100F28018CA4001 and put it in atmosphere/contents

Woah... If i had known this a bit earlier, I could have recovered the 6 hour gameplay savefile i had. However, yesterday, after a mere 4 hours (i just did it faster this time, no.. not with the ingame things, i just didn't need to read every single character's dialogue again)
I was further ahead.
But it's good to know for next time.
Have a great game!

Reactions: EvilBakura

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this should work and if its not alowed ill remove it later when im awake fully ive also added some files of guides i got from gamefaqs and edited to make easyer to read with out changeing content. basicly just delted a bunch of extra enter key presses

the link should work now https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pxgCMYbjES-pLDTEpfKejpNxz7hTtJh-?usp=sharing
for clarification. drop the 0100C07018CA6001 folder into the contents folder inside the atmosphere folder on you switch. so it should look like. atmosphere/contents/0100C07018CA6001

the google drive link also has some guides from gamefaqs that have been made easyer to read

Tayfunx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for clarification. drop the 0100C07018CA6001 folder into the contents folder inside the atmosphere folder on you switch. so it should look like. atmosphere/contents/0100C07018CA6001

the google drive link also has some guides from gamefaqs that have been made easyer to read
Thanks!

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you so much Helsionium!!
Do you have a Ko-fi? Id like to thank you there :D

You're welcome!

I don't have a Ko-fi account, but I very much appreciate your willingness to donate. If you're willing to use other methods, please consider donating via Paypal (https://paypal.me/helsionium) or my Bitcoin address 1DGPBG3kXBDxPSwT8SdgLfg8UmSSzdsMAN

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
How much of the game is voiced as of now with this mod?
Everything. (I hope. Had no time to thoroughly test it yet.)

Long answer:
The released beta mod for BK1 is intended to replace all Japanese voices with English voices, and I'm confident that I achieved that goal. It's just a "beta" mainly because it's untested and because the text mod that goes along with it is certain to contain some bugs. A few have already been reported.

I haven't yet released a BKO mod, but I'm also done with replacing the voices. The text mod requires more time, though, as the game has both more text overall and more text changes compared to the original version. The vast majority of these are absolutely inconsequential, but I still need to go over each and every one of them. Any changes in voiced dialogue, name changes and blatant censorship will be reverted. I'm not sure what, if anything, to do about the new Chaotic Dance 2 version. It's basically the original "Japanese" version, with - if memory serves me right - only the most offensive line having been removed.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everything. (I hope. Had no time to thoroughly test it yet.)

Long answer:
The released beta mod for BK1 is intended to replace all Japanese voices with English voices, and I'm confident that I achieved that goal. It's just a "beta" mainly because it's untested and because the text mod that goes along with it is certain to contain some bugs. A few have already been reported.

I haven't yet released a BKO mod, but I'm also done with replacing the voices. The text mod requires more time, though, as the game has both more text overall and more text changes compared to the original version. The vast majority of these are absolutely inconsequential, but I still need to go over each and every one of them. Any changes in voiced dialogue, name changes and blatant censorship will be reverted. I'm not sure what, if anything, to do about the new Chaotic Dance 2 version. It's basically the original "Japanese" version, with - if memory serves me right - only the most offensive line having been removed.
So, we have 3 Chaotic Dance 2 versions now? This gets better and better.

Would it be problematic to change it back?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Would it be problematic to change it back?
No, that's not difficult. I just don't want to decide for the patch users what version of the song they should get. I'm probably going to let the users decide between all three versions. However, due to time constraints, I won't be able to implement that for the first (beta) release. The first release will be stuck with the version that's already in the remaster.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The beta release of the Baten Kaitos Origins dub mod is here!

Download link: https://files.helsionium.eu/BKO_EnglishDub_v0.9beta.zip

Features:
  • All spoken dialogue should be in English now.
  • The written text should match the spoken text in all dialogues.
  • Reverted all text changes regarding alcohol use, Taintclouds and gender-neutral language with respect to the player or Marno. I didn't revert any changes from "he/him" to "***player's name***" because that's how it worked in the original release as well.
Prerequisites:
  • A RomFS dump of the US version 1.0.0, title ID 0100C07018CA6002
    • Note that the game consists of three partitions:
      • 0100C07018CA6000 - launcher
      • 0100C07018CA6001 - Baten Kaitos 1
      • 0100C07018CA6002 - Baten Kaitos Origins
    • For this patch, you need to dump partition 0100C07018CA6002.
      Yuzu seems to be the best tool to make a RomFS dump of the game at the moment.
  • You need Java 8 or newer on your system to run the patcher
    If you're having problems running the patcher (e.g. it freezes during the process), make sure you're using a 64-bit version of Java and perhaps a more recent version than Java 8.
Usage:
  • Drop the files from my zip folder into the "0100C07018CA6002" or the "romfs" directory containing your RomFS dump
  • On Windows systems, simply run "patch.bat".
  • If you're not on Windows, open your system's console, navigate to the folder with my patcher and run
    "java -Xmx1024M -jar BKHD_Patcher_v0.9beta3.jar"
  • If the patcher completes succesfully, there will be a new folder named "BKO_EnglishDub_v0.9beta" containing the modded files.
  • Copy this folder to the Yuzu mods directory (*\yuzu\load\0100C07018CA6002) or the Ryujinx mods directory (*\Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100C07018CA6002). Create such folders if necessary.
  • For use on a real Switch console, move the "romfs" folder contained within the new folder to the Atmosphère LayeredFS folder (*\atmosphere\contents\0100C07018CA6002). Create such a folder if necessary.
Please report any bugs here or via PM, especially any game-breaking bugs as well as out-of-sync dialogue.

I won't be able to provide a whole lot of support in the next 24 hours, as I am on a business trip right now.

The only issue I faced was that on Mac OS the patcher didn't produce the subfolders of the romfs folder. But I just created it manually and it worked perfectly on my Switch!
I tried to fix this issue with the new patcher that's included with this patch. However, I can't really test it as I only have Windows systems near me at the moment...

ava222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for ALL of your hard work as this is very much appreciated. If I was not unemployed atm due to my health issues, I would donate something to you in a heartbeat but since I can't, My sincere thanks will have to do as I know how long you probably spent getting this to work.

Reactions: Helsionium

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol