Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The beta release of the BK1 dub mod is here!

Download link: https://files.helsionium.eu/BK1_EnglishDub_v0.9beta2.zip
(file updated at 2023-09-28, 16:15 UTC)

Features:
  • All spoken dialogue should be in English now.
  • The written text should match the spoken text in all dialogues. There might be some instances of the text becoming out of sync with the voices, though.
  • Some, but not all Voice magnus taunts now have the correct text displayed.
  • Reverted all text changes regarding alcohol use, Taintclouds and Mizuti's grammar, even in non-voiced dialogue.
Prerequisites:
  • A RomFS dump of the US version 1.0.0, title ID 0100C07018CA6001
    • Note that the game consists of three partitions:
      • 0100C07018CA6000 - launcher
      • 0100C07018CA6001 - Baten Kaitos 1
      • 0100C07018CA6002 - Baten Kaitos Origins
    • For this patch, you need to dump partition 0100C07018CA6001.
      Yuzu seems to be the best tool to make a RomFS dump of the game at the moment.
  • You need Java 8 or newer on your system to run the patcher
    If you're having problems running the patcher (e.g. it freezes during the process), make sure you're using a 64-bit version of Java and perhaps a more recent version than Java 8.
Usage:
  • Drop the files from my zip folder into the "0100C07018CA6001" or the "romfs" directory containing your RomFS dump
  • On Windows systems, simply run "patch.bat".
  • If you're not on Windows, open your system's console, navigate to the folder with my patcher and run
    "java -Xmx1024M -jar BKHD_Patcher_v0.9beta2.jar"
  • If the patcher completes succesfully, there will be a new folder named "BK1_EnglishDub_v0.9beta" containing the modded files.
  • Copy this folder to the Yuzu mods directory (*\yuzu\load\0100C07018CA6001) or the Ryujinx mods directory (*\Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100C07018CA6001)
  • For use on a real Switch console, move the "romfs" folder contained within the new folder to the Atmosphère LayeredFS folder (*\atmosphere\contents\0100C07018CA6001)
Please report any bugs here or via PM, especially any game-breaking bugs as well as out-of-sync dialogue.

I'm sorry, but I can't provide any support at the moment - I'm going to bed now and I can't respond until after coming home from work tomorrow.

Last edited by Helsionium,

Elevna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting "source file 6a872618f189b35a4039d59de4a885c3.bundle: wrong size (6010807)", "Original files incomplete. Can't proceed with patching." I have 1.0.0 of the USA version.
Edit: I re-dumped the RomFS and it worked this time. No idea what changed 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by Elevna,

wickerkev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you are an absolute legend!! I am very new to the switch emulation scene as I mainly only got into it recently when I discovered that the remaster of baten kaitos wasn't including the english va. So I am beyond stoked that you are reviving the english voices through your mod and I can experience the cheesy but wonderful voice acting all over again.

However, I am having trouble that I was hoping you might know more about:
My copy of the US version 1.0.0 has the title id 0100C07018CA6000 instead of 0100C07018CA6001 so I'm not sure if that's causing this issue, but I am getting this error message in the patcher:

dump\0100C07018CA6000\romfs\StreamingAssets\aa\Switch does not contain file 6a872618f189b35a4039d59de4a885c3.bundle
Folder containing file BT1_01_BGM.acb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_01_BGM.awb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_02_DIALOG.acb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_02_DIALOG.awb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_03_EFFORT.acb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_03_EFFORT.awb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_04_SE.acb not found.
Folder containing file BT1_04_SE.awb not found.
Original files incomplete.
Can't proceed with patching.

Again, I am very new to the scene so I'm not sure what a .bundle file is or why it's missing. I used yuzu to dump the romfs from both an xci and a nsp and got the same error on both. Any help is appreciated!

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all. THANK YOU SO MUCH HELSIONIUM!!
I installed java from the webpage of java itself, but I had trouble, cause the patch froze. After some pc voodoo (looking up some error messages that i got from the command prompt) It said that it ran out of memory. Eventually through an archive of a forum someone suggested there long ago to install the 64 bit version:

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ((Windows Offline (64-bit version) ))

THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM. The patch immediatly started to work.
So if anyone has a problem with the patch, that it seems to hang (it shouldn't take more then 1 minute TOTAL) then i suggest to install the 64 bit version of Java 8 and try again, this might solve your problem!
Sadly the game version that I had installed had an 6 hour save, and it was the "4000" version (japanese region) and now I face the horrible task of replaying the first 6 hours of the game in.. ew. ENGLISH... Yes, absolutely terrible HAHAHAHA. I am looking so much forward to this!
And I can also help a fellow member here!

However, I am having trouble that I was hoping you might know more about:
My copy of the US version 1.0.0 has the title id 0100C07018CA6000 instead of 0100C07018CA6001 so I'm not sure if that's causing this issue, but I am getting this error message
You need to dump it again, this time when you right click in Yuzu on the ROM, and "Dump RomFS" you get a menu.
Choose the second one!
helping.png

That is the Baten Kaitos 1 Title, the one you need. The patch should work now!

-----

There is 1 bug that I had Helsionium. When you get into a new area, in my case, the first village, right outside the doctor's apartment. I saw the letters in black and opaque. Not white. I actually checked with my legit copy, Simply started a new game, and yup. It's suppose to be white. This might be a consistant bug throughout the game. I included a screenshot:

bugs main village.jpg

As you can see, it can be quite jarring.

Even if this is something you can't fix, I am still SOOO incredibly greatful for the work you have done so far.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

And now I go back to playing the REAL VERSION BANDAI NAMCO SHOULD HAVE GIVEN US. With english voices thank you very much.
HAIL HELSIONIUM!

Edit: Helsionium. I played a bit further into the game. When I came into Moonguile Forest, the lettering was correct. So far it only seems to be limited to the first one: The village.

Last edited by Lightmanone,
Reactions: wickerkev

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Because of reports that the patcher freezes on some systems, I updated the file and the instructions to work around that issue. The patch itself didn't change.

Sadly the game version that I had installed had an 6 hour save, and it was the "4000" version (japanese region) and now I face the horrible task of replaying the first 6 hours of the game in.. ew. ENGLISH... Yes, absolutely terrible HAHAHAHA. I am looking so much forward to this!
All game saves are compatible with any region. Just move the saves from the save folder of the Japanese version to the folder of the US version.

Reactions: noojy

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because of reports that the patcher freezes on some systems, I updated the file and the instructions to work around that issue. The patch itself didn't change.

All game saves are compatible with any region. Just move the saves from the save folder of the Japanese version to the folder of the US version.
If only it was that easy on Atmosphere. With Edison, I first made a save-backup. Then i delete the game using the switch internal system. Installed the US version on the switch. Put the patched files in the right folder. Worked perfectly. But I can only restore the backup of the save to the "4000" version, the japanese. I cannot change that for some reason.
Is JKSV better or capable of this?

Thank you for the feedback.
  • If you're not on Windows, open your system's console, navigate to the folder with my patcher and run
    "java -Xmx1500M -jar BKHD_Patcher_v0.9beta.jar"
Yeah. I tried that (-Xmx1500m) before, but that didn't fix it. It even gave me a new error. That it was exceeding the VM range or something. And when I did 1024m, same problem as before. I fixed it by installing the 64 bit version.

wickerkev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I can also help a fellow member here
Thank you Lightmanone! :D Your guidance on dumping the romfs worked perfectly. The patcher also hung up on me but your followup on the java version saved me a second time and I got the game running with the English VA! I was stoked to hear Melodia's voice in english when it booted up so thank you for pioneering the installation of the mod and walking me through it!

And of course a huge THANK YOU to the one that made this patcher in the first place, I am beyond grateful to dive into the definitive version of the game thanks to the monumental efforts of Helsionium!

• Love
Reactions: Lightmanone

Lightmanone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Lightmanone! :D Your guidance on dumping the romfs worked perfectly. The patcher also hung up on me but your followup on the java version saved me a second time and I got the game running with the English VA! I was stoked to hear Melodia's voice in english when it booted up so thank you for pioneering the installation of the mod and walking me through it!

And of course a huge THANK YOU to the one that made this patcher in the first place, I am beyond grateful to dive into the definitive version of the game thanks to the monumental efforts of Helsionium!
I am glad that my little guide helped you out a lot, and honestly even more glad that the java thing helped out a fellow member, cause the joy and glee i had when i saw the patch released was fading away when it didn't work. But now we are BOTH playing the game the way it was suppose to be!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much @Helsionium :wub:

I've never played with Yuzu or any mods and ran into a little problem. Yuzu does not show the mod when I look under "properties".

I stored the mod as it was described.

C:\Users\[MyName]\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\0100C07018CA6001\BK1_EnglishDub_v0.9beta\romfs\Data

What could be wrong here?

Last edited by Bimmel,

MarnoAr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone have a clue on how to dump the BK1 romfs using Ryujinx? It doesn't give an option to select a specific partition and always dumps 0100C07018CA6000

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I've never played with Yuzu or any mods and ran into a little problem. Yuzu does not show the mod when I look under "properties".

I stored the mod as it was described.

C:\Users\[MyName]\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\0100C07018CA6001\BK1_EnglishDub_v0.9beta\romfs\Data

What could be wrong here?

Yuzu only shows mods for the game's default partition (0100C07018CA6000) in the properties. But since Yuzu appears to load all available mods by default, it should still load the mod even if it's not displayed in the properties window. At least it works for me that way.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yuzu only shows mods for the game's default partition (0100C07018CA6000) in the properties. But since Yuzu appears to load all available mods by default, it should still load the mod even if it's not displayed in the properties window. At least it works for me that way.
Strange, now it works. Maybe I should have closed Yuzu before starting the game. Thank you very much!

I took the liberty of transferring a little something to you via paypal.
Maybe you should post that link in the first post.

Reactions: Helsionium

Aka_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all. THANK YOU SO MUCH HELSIONIUM!!
I installed java from the webpage of java itself, but I had trouble, cause the patch froze. After some pc voodoo (looking up some error messages that i got from the command prompt) It said that it ran out of memory. Eventually through an archive of a forum someone suggested there long ago to install the 64 bit version:

THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM. The patch immediatly started to work.
So if anyone has a problem with the patch, that it seems to hang (it shouldn't take more then 1 minute TOTAL) then i suggest to install the 64 bit version of Java 8 and try again, this might solve your problem!
And I can also help a fellow member here!

You need to dump it again, this time when you right click in Yuzu on the ROM, and "Dump RomFS" you get a menu.
Choose the second one!
View attachment 396326

That is the Baten Kaitos 1 Title, the one you need. The patch should work now!

-----

There is 1 bug that I had Helsionium. When you get into a new area, in my case, the first village, right outside the doctor's apartment. I saw the letters in black and opaque. Not white. I actually checked with my legit copy, Simply started a new game, and yup. It's suppose to be white. This might be a consistant bug throughout the game. I included a screenshot:

View attachment 396329

As you can see, it can be quite jarring.

Even if this is something you can't fix, I am still SOOO incredibly greatful for the work you have done so far.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

And now I go back to playing the REAL VERSION BANDAI NAMCO SHOULD HAVE GIVEN US. With english voices thank you very much.
HAIL HELSIONIUM!

Edit: Helsionium. I played a bit further into the game. When I came into Moonguile Forest, the lettering was correct. So far it only seems to be limited to the first one: The village.
That text bug is not due to his patch this started happening with the new Ryujinx patches from last week

MarnoAr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you Helsionium! I got it to work on my Switch!

The only issue I faced was that on Mac OS the patcher didn't produce the subfolders of the romfs folder. But I just created it manually and it worked perfectly on my Switch!

roastbeef56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Helsionium! I got it to work on my Switch!

The only issue I faced was that on Mac OS the patcher didn't produce the subfolders of the romfs folder. But I just created it manually and it worked perfectly on my Switch!
Any tips on how you dumped the romfs? I tried using nxdumptool on the switch but keep getting an error message stating: "Invalid header size for NCA RomFS section"

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I updated the patcher again. The patcher should use less memory now, making the "out of memory" errors (hanging during the patch process) less common. Since it was reported the issue goes away with 64-bit versions and/or newer Java versions, I added that to my instructions.
The only issue I faced was that on Mac OS the patcher didn't produce the subfolders of the romfs folder.
Oh thanks for the report. I believe I know what causes this, probably affects Linux users as well. I'll attempt to fix it by the time I release the BKO dub mod.
If only it was that easy on Atmosphere. With Edison, I first made a save-backup. Then i delete the game using the switch internal system. Installed the US version on the switch. Put the patched files in the right folder. Worked perfectly. But I can only restore the backup of the save to the "4000" version, the japanese. I cannot change that for some reason.
Is JKSV better or capable of this?
Oh, sorry, it might indeed be tricky to do on Atmosphère. I haven't even tried the game on my hacked Switch yet.
Does anyone have a clue on how to dump the BK1 romfs using Ryujinx? It doesn't give an option to select a specific partition and always dumps 0100C07018CA6000
Hmm, at the moment it doesn't seem possible to dump partitions other than the default partition with Ryujinx.

Reactions: hausa51 and noojy

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone walk me thru howto install this on a actual switch ? i never installed a mod for a game before but really want to get this working and need a step by step guide for ssomeone with no switch game modding xp
Post automatically merged:

also will this work on version 1.0.1? i dont know how to downgrade my game version or if its posssible and my game is version 1.0.1

Last edited by kiyafox,

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
also will this work on version 1.0.1? i dont know how to downgrade my game version or if its posssible and my game is version 1.0.1
It seems to work fine on version 1.0.1. However, you will still need a RomFS dump of version 1.0.0 in order to create the patched files.

MarnoAr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any tips on how you dumped the romfs? I tried using nxdumptool on the switch but keep getting an error message stating: "Invalid header size for NCA RomFS section"
I had the same problem trying to use nxdumptool and ryujinx, they both just dump the first partition. The only thing that worked for me was using the Yuzu emulator to dump the files.

Reactions: roastbeef56

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have nxdump tool, i have the game, but when i go toromfs section data dump and pick one of the sections all of them give errors. i already did a fresh install
and still same errors. also this is on actual hardware not an emulator

error is parseRomFsEntryFromNca:invalid header size for NCA Romfs section

ok so ran lockpickrcm again and the first of the three sections in the menu for romfs data dump ,the first section dumps fine but the other two wont dump and give the error

parseRomFsEntryFromNca:invalid directory/file table for nca romfs section

ok yall i finally got the romfs and patched it. i used dbi to dump the games nsp. then use yuzu to dump the romfs then use the mod patch and that finaly worked about to test it to see if the mod works in game!!

IT WORRRRKSSS!!!!
YAYYYYYY!!!!

Last edited by kiyafox,
Reactions: Lightmanone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...