dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
**This will only work for genuine DSTT/i CARTS.**

You need:

Moonshell 2.10 Stable >> Download
YSMENU >> Download (search for the keyword. "YSMENU")
3 MAIN .DAT Files >> Download
note: (download the "Link to files EXT-INFO-SAV (regular updates)" one.. not the kernel file)
Batch File v1.01>> Download

Instructions:

* Download the Files given. See Above
* Extract all files in moooTTDS.rar. Place it to the dekstop if you want.
* Open moooTTDS folder that you extracted. And go to "resources" folder
* Place the Moonshell 2.10 EXE or ZIP file there, the YSMENU zip file and the 3 main .dat files archive here.
* Once you place the files. Run the "Process.bat" and it will ask you a simple question.
* After that wait a few seconds. (it takes around 10 seconds for me, but dunno on you, it depends on the specs of your computer)
* After that, it will says that all files are ready and found at "_out" folder. Just go to "resources" folder to find the "_out" folder there.
* The content of the "_out" folder, go copy all those files at the root drive of your SD card.
* Done. You will be able to use moonshell 2 as your main os now, without following video tutorials..
biggrin.gif

Note: I recomend, that everyone do this with clean a SD card (formatted).
Note2: Requires "administrator" privileges, specially Vista and 7

-----

Q: why there is no AIO ready package?
A: yasu want you to download the "ysmenu" files by yourself.

Q: Why did you make it?
A: I'm tired making the package all over again, when my SD card got ruined. So this batch file makes my firmware again, in a few seconds.

Q: Where are the plugins?
A: Filetrip.net is you'r friend.

-----

Changelog:

* Eneables soft reset
* Default Language for YSMENU and Moonshell 2 is now english.
* Some fixes.

-----

Thanks to:

* dnniwa485 - for making this batch file.
* Xenon++ - for hacking Moonshell2 to enable ROM loading.
* Pong20302000 and the party - for the .dat files
* CannonFoddr - For the MAIO thread.
* Moonlight - For the Moonshell 2 homebrew.
* Yasu - For the YSMENU alternative kernel.

Reactions: 1 person

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no.TTMenu has no .ini file with autoboot.Most(rather all) alternative firmwares(like DSision,MAIO,etc..) use autoboot to run roms....

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well in that case, is there a way to exit to the DSTT menu?

For the compatibility sake like TyRaNtM said.

Few games only run is TTMenu right now and as far as I know we can't enable cheats from YSMenu/Moonshell.

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Q:Commercial ROM loading enabled?
A: Yes. Definetly

Q:How about compatibility?
A:As long as you update the 3 main .dat files (extinfo, savlib, infolib), youre in.

Q:Where's the DSTT menu?
A:Choose "Exit to Firmware" will bring you to default DSTT Menu kernel.

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dnniwa485 said:
Q:Where's the DSTT menu?
A:Choose "Exit to Firmware" will bring you to default DSTT Menu kernel.

Ah thanks! I recently got rid of my previous moonshell installation just to play MapleStory DS which is currently only supported by TTMenu.

I use Mac but I'll just get it done on my desktop.

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i know that MAC OS has a emulator something, to emulate Windows PC. But in very limited resources.

Maple Story works with updated 3 main dat files. (i got mine still unpatched and works.)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The only ways to use cheats would be to exit out of moonshell2 and use either the DSTT firmware or YSMenu (I don't have a DSTT, but I think I would find the YSMenu easier to use since you can just select a game and hold B and then go to the game and change the cheats...using the DSTT firmware, you need a bit of forethought and that never bodes well xD).

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I followed the tutorial as it says. Then I checked the _out folder, and all it shows is a 'moonshell' folder with other folders inside it. Is that all that is needed on a clean formatted SD card?

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frown.gif
I encountered

Code:
Warning: cannot open ' ttmenu.dat'
Error: cannot open TTMENU.DAT

I thought I was following instructions well so i tried renaming the rar to all capitals TTMENU, extracting and archiving it in zip container with 7zip and whatnot but kept giving me the error.

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try downloading the ttmenu.7z from official dstt site. the directory structure for your archive file might be different from my coding...

once the process is completed. make sure to replace the TTMENU.NDS with a fake-killer removed TTMENU.DAT

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, didn't go to the official DSTT site in a long time and their downloads section is all F*cked up now!
The firmware download leads to Happy Done site (Happy Done what? done crapping so you're happy?)
I downloaded the 1.17a12 firmware their, replaced the TTMENU.DAT file to make sure, ran your program and it seemed to have worked.

However when I tried booting the MicroSD on my DSTT it booted into TTMenu with Happy Done branded on a corner.
I noticed the file structure difference though so I will try with the fixed firmware again not the Happy Done crap.

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ohh, its only the skin file btw..

just replace it with the want that you want and there, it should be get rid that happy done credits.. lol

anyway, i might revise the batch file in future to avoid errors.

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, Finally got it working!

Had to rezip the content of 1.17a12 files by taking the firmware files(TTmenu directory, .dat files etc.) from "English" folder and just zip the files as is.

Seems like everything is working fine, I can exit to TTMenu easily.

Did have to re-set the language of Moonshell using language selector executable to English but other than that, I didn't need any extra steps.

Now I should be searching that on my own but does anyone know how to make Moonshell open NES roms with nesDS rather than NesterDS?

*Edit Oops forgot to say thanks to dnniwa485! My DSTT has a new life in it now thanks!

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
remove the "nes.nesds.nds" found on extlink folder. After that, place your nesterds inside extlink folder and rename it as "nes.nesterds.nds".

done it should work now..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7