Hardware Basic Repair Guide of Current EZ-FLASH Products

chozosr388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, and because it's not mentioned, though, it's really just a maintenance question, for an EzFlash Junior, can an ML1220 (rechargeable CR1220) be used, and if so, will the EzFlash Junior recharge it?

bbobrob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I just wanted to check in about some weird things that just recently happened with my EZ Flash Jr. I've been using it for more than a year with no issue, but just today, it's basically become unusable. I can load the cartridge and often get past OSINIT and into the kernel (I think I'm using the term right?), but then the display just glitches out completely after a few seconds (attached are just two examples of what I can see). If I'm quick enough, I can load a rom, but it may also freeze before I get to the starting screen or after I play for a tiny bit.

I tried reformatting SD card (FAT32, 32kb) and tried two different SD cards (16 GB and 32 GB), but these haven't seemed to fix the issue. I'm running firmware 5 and am running the EZ Flash Jr. on a native Gameboy Color.

If anyone has any insight, any help would be much appreciated. I hope the EZ Flash Jr. isn't bricked!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230805_224353.jpg
    20230805_224353.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230805_224413.jpg
    20230805_224413.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37

palchaque

Trophies
XP
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Hello.
Since last week my EZ Flash Omega stops boot - it stuck on Gameboy whitescreen logo.
I tried change microSD cards, different devices (GBA, DSLite, GBA player on GC), recovery, clean pins, recovery. Also checked battery.
What could it be?

zardyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, im having a similar issue. Played my EZ Flash Omega just last night, powered it on this morning (not even 12 hours later) and I'm getting the game boy screen with no Nintendo. I've taken it apart, cleaned the pins, tried the paper trick, still nothing. Other games work, but not this. Why would it just stop working out of thin air, and what else can I do before I buy something else?

Reactions: palchaque

geocamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi i have the same issue with a OMEGA (Not DE). My Question here is it true that changing only the Cystal solves the booting problem?

The crystal oscillator on board is damaged, Replace it can fix the problem, the type of the crystal oscillator is OSC 3.3V 3225 24.545Mhz.

Thanks for the answer.

geocamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi i have the same issue with a OMEGA (Not DE). My Question here is it true that changing only the Cystal solves the booting problem?

The crystal oscillator on board is damaged, Replace it can fix the problem, the type of the crystal oscillator is OSC 3.3V 3225 24.545Mhz.

Thanks for the answer.

UPDATE:
I buy the crystal oscillator frome here, I buy it this one -> (3225 24.545Mhz.):
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800575160961.html?channel=twinner

Replaced and didn't work, what else can I do?
I made sure to remove the oscillator correctly and weld the new one correctly, I had no problems, the welds were fine.

Any additional recommendations, I don't want to give up my EZ Flash OMEGA.

Reactions: palchaque

Cp37389

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did anyone find where to buy the 3.3V 3225 24.545MHz crystal oscillator
Post automatically merged:

Did anyone find where to buy the 3.3V 3225 24.545MHz crystal oscillator

bonecollectors

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! I tried to update the Kernel of my EZ flash Omega card and I ended up bricking the cartridge. It does not boot. Using the system recovery image file in the link provided on their official website does not work either (I cannot share the link here because I am a new user in this forum). Does anyone have a better-updated image file so I could test it?

It is so frustrating. I barely played with it.

I have a modded GBA (original 2000 version) with an IPS screen. The R button regulates the screen brightness. It does not trigger the kernel update file to start.

I tried on 3 SD cards following the manual when formatting and downloading the files.

kahogg2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I tried to update the Kernel of my EZ flash Omega card and I ended up bricking the cartridge. It does not boot. Using the system recovery image file in the link provided on their official website does not work either (I cannot share the link here because I am a new user in this forum). Does anyone have a better-updated image file so I could test it?

It is so frustrating. I barely played with it.

I have a modded GBA (original 2000 version) with an IPS screen. The R button regulates the screen brightness. It does not trigger the kernel update file to start.

I tried on 3 SD cards following the manual when formatting and downloading the files.
Bumping as I've done the same thing. You have any solutions?

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Does anyone know why white ez flash IV can load on any Game Boy Advance SP and can't load on all other console versions? (It won't load on GBA, NDS, NDSL).

C4MP3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Anyone know what the "Fast patch engine" option is? This option is added to menu in EZ FLASH OMEGA DE.

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Anyone know what the "Fast patch engine" option is? This option is added to menu in EZ FLASH OMEGA DE.

FAST PATCH ENGINE​

This option is enabled in default under normal circumstances. unless you want to use BOOT WITH ADDON with fan translated rom or other heavily modified rom. Turn off this option will turn to use the manual patch engine. The patching time will be increased.

Squizor

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I'm having a lot of troubles with my new EZ-Flash Definitive Edition. First of all, I've tried with original kernel and custom kernel with no luck. The problem with my Ez-Flash is that I'm unable to save any kind of game progress (Tried Pokemon with lots of langs, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts). I've tried setting the save format with all those options in the menu with no luck... Should it be a FRAM problem?... I've tried the safe mode option to test the card and it says:

read s71 ID OK
read s98 ID OK
END.

Tried everything to make it work but I'm getting a little bit angry with the cartridge.

Thanks in advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol