Klappenvanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have a EZ flash Omega Definitive Edition Rev.A. It worked just fine. Have been playing Pokemon Shiny Gold Sigma for many hours.

However...

After not using my cartridge for a few months it won't boot anymore. It says that there is no kernel on the memory card. I tried everything. Even deleted my firmware and had to figure out how to install it again. Managed that but the initial problem didn't go away.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-16 at 22.17.01.jpeg

My sd card has been formatted as a FAT32 with 32 bit allocation size and has the following files:

EZ flash mem card.jpg

When I hold the R button during boot it says that it can't find the [ezkernalnew.bin] and that I have to copy the file to my SD root directory.

I don't think cleaning it will work, because placing back the firmware worked just fine.

The "Test card" were OK. (S71 and S98 were both fine)

So I think the ez flash drive is broken. Does anyone have an idea for a solution?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When I hold the R button during boot it says that it can't find the [ezkernalnew.bin] and that I have to copy the file to my SD root directory.
From your feedback, your card can recognize the existence of the SD card in the process of upgrading the kernel, but it cannot recognize the ezkernelnew.bin on the SD card. It is recommended to change another SD card, reformat it, copy only ezkernelnew.bin in the root directory of the SD card, and try again to upgrade the kernel by holding down the R key and turning on the console.

Reactions: ZoeLain

Dragons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read neutral things about this card but that’s on Amazon reviews you get it working like to know about it help my decision making better

Klappenvanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From your feedback, your card can recognize the existence of the SD card in the process of upgrading the kernel, but it cannot recognize the ezkernelnew.bin on the SD card. It is recommended to change another SD card, reformat it, copy only ezkernelnew.bin in the root directory of the SD card, and try again to upgrade the kernel by holding down the R key and turning on the console.
I had doubts that it would work, but you were right. I got a new SD card and it works again. Thanks for the advice :yaysp:

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Klappenvanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have read neutral things about this card but that’s on Amazon reviews you get it working like to know about it help my decision making better
It works fine. When I ordered 1 the first one was DOA, but this one is fine. GBA games all worked perfectly. The few GBC games I tried did have some artifacts.

Reactions: ZoeLain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte