Hacking Basic Do's and Do NOT's of vWii modding

  • Thread starter Thread starter damysteryman
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 462,800
  • Replies Replies 402
  • Likes Likes 36
Try loading the wad installer through an exploit (smash stack)
No can do When I attempt Indiana pwns I can get the Hackmii page to load but it won't allow me to go further. Just freezes up... Everything else about the console seems to work fine but I've totally cut homebrew outta her like a kid with a rusty scalpel...I'm one sad panda.
 
No can do When I attempt Indiana pwns I can get the Hackmii page to load but it won't allow me to go further. Just freezes up... Everything else about the console seems to work fine but I've totally cut homebrew outta her like a kid with a rusty scalpel...I'm one sad panda.

Rename this to boot.elf and put it on the root of your sd card replacing the old one then run indiana pwns then when wiixplorer loads navigate to your apps folder find your wad manager click on the wad managers boot.dol and load it up.http://www.mediafire.com/download/amq7264fhd4nkq9/wiixplorer.elf.zip
 
Rename this to boot.elf and put it on the root of your sd card replacing the old one then run indiana pwns then when wiixplorer loads navigate to your apps folder find your wad manager click on the wad managers boot.dol and load it up.http://www.mediafire.com/download/amq7264fhd4nkq9/wiixplorer.elf.zip
You sir... Are nothing short of a God!!!! Somebody tag this guy! Just swoops in riding a sequin studded t-Rex upon a gold chariot pulled by three headed white velvet tigers of Gbatemp fantasy lore...and saves my ass like it was just another day at the farm. Thank you good sir!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
Will modding the virtual wii to play backups have any negative effect on the wii u itself?

Yes, it will void your warranty and is probably is against their eula and tos.
But otherwise no, IF you follow 2 simple rules:
1. ALWAYS look(Read and read some more) for vwii instructions/fixes(NOT wii instructions/fixes)
2. When confused about anything related to rule #1, ALWAYS ask questions 1st before you do something and not after you do something(This alone will save you some potentially HUGE headaches).

enjoy and remember patience is a virtue.
 
I had been playing Wii backup games on my WiiU normally (in fact I played a lot of Pikmin 2 and SSB on it), but I stopped playing some months ago.
After that, the Wii U system received between 2 to 5 updates.

Today, I tried to use the Wii's Homebrew backup feature, but the Homebrew apps keeps don't recognizing the same 32GB MicroSD I had used for all the time before. I even tried a diferent MicroSD and reader, but no luck.

What you guys think of it?
 
Whenever I load into the Wii menu after turning on my Wii U with my HDD plugged in, my USB loader will freeze.

If I load into the Wii menu after turning on my Wii U and go to the USB loader, and then plug my HDD in, it doesn't freeze, why?

And why does the Wii U freeze whenever I try to go from running a Wii game from USB, back to the Wii menu?
 
Whenever I load into the Wii menu after turning on my Wii U with my HDD plugged in, my USB loader will freeze.

If I load into the Wii menu after turning on my Wii U and go to the USB loader, and then plug my HDD in, it doesn't freeze, why?

And why does the Wii U freeze whenever I try to go from running a Wii game from USB, back to the Wii menu?

Is your HDD have a spin down? You may need to use another homebrew to spin up the HDD, then launch the USB loader.
 
Which homebrew can I use?

EDIT: How can I force Configurable USB Loader to run 16:9?
 
Hello, I expect this is the correct Tread to say this.

I already messed up my vwii, I "Update" some ios, that i shouldn't, and I no longer have acces to the HBC, or any hombrew and the wiiu cant update cause the error 162-3006

Shadowlink87 post that he fix this problem installing the original ios
I manage to run a MultiModManagaer via Bathaxx and i have install ios236 for wad instalations

The thing is that i need to clean the old ios and install the new one, on expecific te ios 53 update to version 5919, and ios 36

So the thing is, do anyone has a way to helpme whit this, and get the ios i need?

i have also a white wii, that i can update whit the oficial 4.3 update along the Skyward sword will this be useful?
 
Hello, I expect this is the correct Tread to say this.

I already messed up my vwii, I "Update" some ios, that i shouldn't, and I no longer have acces to the HBC, or any hombrew and the wiiu cant update cause the error 162-3006

Shadowlink87 post that he fix this problem installing the original ios

I manage to run a MultiModManagaer via Bathaxx and i have install ios236 for wad instalations

The thing is that i need to clean the old ios and install the new one, on expecific te ios 53 update to version 5919, and ios 36

So the thing is, do anyone has a way to helpme whit this, and get the ios i need?

i have also a white wii, that i can update whit the oficial 4.3 update along the Skyward sword will this be useful?


Follow what they did in that thread. Then report back. You need to find if you have any altered IOS files.
No, do not use the official wii 4.3 update, read the stickies for christ's sake. Also Error 162-3006 does not always indicate an IOS issue, it just means the Wii u cant update.
 
My wii u is on 4.1.0 and vwii has been hacked (cios and usb loader gx) would it be safe to update to 5.1.2?
 
You can update WiiU version without problem.
The current one (5.1) doesn't affect the Wii mode installed hacks nor prevent new installation.
 
I want to install the Homebrew Channel and Config USB Loader but I don't know how. I've got Smash Brothers Brawl and both 1gb and 2gb SD cards.
Can someone link me to a guide for using Smash Stack on vWii? I can't find a guide specifically for vWii and I don't want to mess anything up.

Edit: I found this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack but the link to the PAL version doesn't work: http://giantpune.zzl.org/smashStackPK.html
Edit2: Found this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
Edit3: Found the exploit here: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/filebase/index.php/Entry/899-Smash-Stack/
 
From here you can launch homebrew.
if you want USBLoaders you will need to install a patched IOS (cIOS). You can follow the guide you linked, it's the easiest and straightforward.
Do not do anything more than what's told. Don't mess with your system files after that. read the first post of this thread to know what you can do and what you must not do. vWii is a little different than Wii, don't try random Wii system affecting homebrew on vWii.
 

Site & Scene News