[Baseless rumour] Mother 3 to finally come Stateside?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just laughed at the question, never gave an indication one way or another. Don't let this get your hopes up in anyway.

Nintendo has stated that the only GBA games to come to the 3DS VC are the ones that the Ambassadors got (and only for ambassadors at that).

When it was mentioned, they said they had no plans to release them except to Ambassadors. "No plans" doesn't mean "never".

Hence why I said: Of course this could change. Read the full post next time.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
He just laughed at the question, never gave an indication one way or another. Don't let this get your hopes up in anyway.

Nintendo has stated that the only GBA games to come to the 3DS VC are the ones that the Ambassadors got (and only for ambassadors at that).

When it was mentioned, they said they had no plans to release them except to Ambassadors. "No plans" doesn't mean "never".

I did, that's why I made the comment.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did, that's why I made the comment.

Then that makes no sense, because my full statement was: "Nintendo has stated that the only GBA games to come to the 3DS VC are the ones that the Ambassadors got (and only for ambassadors at that). Of course this could change, but based on everything we know I'm not holding my breath. However, if more gba games ever do see the light of day on the VC and/or they start to released ambassador games to the general public, then yes, I could see it receiving a release on the 3DS VC. "

I never said that Nintendo said it would never happen for non-ambassadors. The implication was that Nintendo's plans were only for ambassadors to receive the games. But as the immediate sentence to follow was: of course this could change. I really don't get why you would read that and then think, that I had no faith in that even being a possibility. I'm not holding my breath on it to happen, but I'm still open to the possibility as Nintendo stated they had no plans for non ambassadors to receive the gba games, but did for the NES games, as we have seen.

D

Deleted-236924

>Kotaku
LOLNOPE

It would be a nice thing to have. If the quality of translation is as good or even better than Tomato's translation

That's a high bar to set, I doubt most people could surpass that level of quality.
The point wouldn't be to surpass it, as Mato's translation was made to be as accurate as what an eventual US release would have been like.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do understand that I was confirming what you were saying, right? You said it was for only ambassadors right now, which is true. I simply made mention of their actual words, emphasizing "no plans" for those that may think otherwise.

Your wording made it sound like you thought I was saying that Nintendo was absolutely never going to release the GBA games to the general public. If thats not what you meant, then it was just a misunderstanding.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You do understand that I was confirming what you were saying, right? You said it was for only ambassadors right now, which is true. I simply made mention of their actual words, emphasizing "no plans" for those that may think otherwise.

Your wording made it sound like you thought I was saying that Nintendo was absolutely never going to release the GBA games to the general public. If thats not what you meant, then it was just a misunderstanding.

Misunderstandings happen.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If there's ever a Mother 3 in English happening for 3DS ambassadors and _keep_ it exclusive to them, I could easily expect my 3DS' selling price-point to skyrocket :creep:

(not that I'd ever do it)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to see all 3 Mother games come to eshop. Could you just imagine Earthbound Trilogy 3D Classic!!? The battle backgrounds would cause seizures for sure! :)
Mother 3 was really a great game. I wish more people would get the chance to play it.
I can't wait til (unofficial) Mother 4 is released.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[laughs]

But really, I think it's already too late. The mere avoidance of discussion shows that "no plans" is likely "no plans". It would be great if this was another Project Rainfall, though.
I've already played it entirely in Japanese (cluelessly and memorizing items/moves list before heading into battle painfully), and halfway through Tomato's translation, so I think I'm good. It's nice to see a little bit of hope in the fanbase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up