Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Currently, I have no NNID on my system. It's still possible to be banned, right? Public headers.
If I link my NNID and get banned, what happens to the ID? If I link it to another system, (via phone call) is it still safe? I have over $400 of legitimately purchased games my ID so I want it as safe as possible.

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
When you get banned, I'm pretty sure you only get banned from online multiplayer, not from the eShop itself. If you do, even so, the bans are generally only temporary, starting at a low amount (around a week, I believe?) and getting higher the more infractions you receive.

In general, it's good practice to not go online at all if you're playing games with public headers, but otherwise you should be fine.

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
The banning thread has people with CIAs getting confirmed bans.
I don't care about the eShop, just my NNID. They might not let me transfer it then I won't be able to play online.

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The banning thread has people with CIAs getting confirmed bans.
I don't care about the eShop, just my NNID. They might not let me transfer it then I won't be able to play online.
Can you quote some of the cases? i believe there are no way to get banned if you use cia of your region, maybe these people get banned for playing MHX or something similar

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Your first ban only lasts 2-3weeks with no online play. Only eshop access. Which also means, no Netflix, no YouTube, no buying dlc in game
"only" A day is too long. Training with CPUs in Smash is like poison. xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What flashcard were you using(GatewayorSky3DS etc): No flashcard. Reinand 10.3 emunand

What game were you playing: Super Smash Bros

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing: 9.2 freshly downgraded like an hour ago

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing: 10.3

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ: CIA

If you were using a .3DZ file,from what game was the header you were you using:

HeaderName: e.g CTR-P-AGGE, CTR-P-BALE (these are the two I used when banned)

If you were using a .3DZ file, was the header publicorprivate:

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop andMiiverse: Yep I can access the eshop no problem

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try: I haven't tried any other games yet.

AnyAdditional info: I bought this 3ds off a friend who has a sky3ds card. It's a new 3ds xl. I don't even know why this is happening. I literally JUST downgraded .

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"only" A day is too long.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This case (Mine) should be taken with a grain of salt. I have good reason to believe that the previous user of my console used a sky3ds with a public header before getting a private one and Nintendo just happened to defer his ban until I bought the console. Maybe even before that.

Last edited by Bubbysaur,

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
This case (Mine) should be taken with a grain of salt. I have good reason to believe that the previous user of my console uses a sky3ds with a private header before getting a private one and Nintendo just happened to defer his ban until I bought the console. maybe even before that.
Okay, probably. Since there's 178 pages in that thread and that was the first case with CIAs in like 4 pages, I guess so.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not disagreeing or anything. Just curious. How do you know? :P
Because I and many other cfw users play online almost every day since the banning started without having any problems.
It's because cias don't use headers. So there's no way for Nintendo to tell if you're using a legit eshop purchased game or not. The only way they can catch you is if your CFW doesn't support region free patching to use out of region games online.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Headers are only needed for .3ds/.3dz files! I think the conversion gets rid of the header
I would assume so.. But if someone is Adamant about using strictly cia files and getting banned.. Wouldn't that leave the assumption that the header is still in play?

Chances are no... And the person banned did something else.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Chances are no... And the person banned did something else.

This. They probably at some point played online with a public header game. But at the moment of getting banned they were playing a cia game. So they could have thought that it was the cia.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This. They probably at some point played online with a public header game. But at the moment of getting banned they were playing a cia game. So they could have thought that it was the cia.
I completely missed where he said that he got it used and a sky3ds was used with it..

Reactions: JJTapia19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill