Hacking Banners/icon templates for Wii VC

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the Contributions :)
May I ask for Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex banners? thanks in advance and I'm also looking for help for Hyper Metroid and Zelda Parallel Worlds if someone can help :)

j123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been making custom banners with sounds that don't follow the template- they're more like if these were just games released for the Wii U. Is there a separate thread for non-template ones?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Almost done porting @Crazystato GCN VC assets to .psd (added a gradient transparency over the background to match the original background), just a little small detail still bother me :P
upload_2017-10-2_14-6-11.png
That mask over the screenshot, this one is from the official release... Couldn't recreate it quite perfect... :unsure:
If someone have it or managed to create oneplease post it in .png

:)

Last edited by cucholix,

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost done porting @Crazystato GCN VC assets to .psd (added a gradient transparency over the background to match the original background), just a little small detail still bother me :P
That mask over the screenshot, this one is from the official release... Couldn't recreate it quite perfect... :unsure:
If someone have it or managed to create oneplease post it in .png

:)
nice... its been bothering someone besides me finally

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the same top down pic for the purple console? Or similat to it?

Also, did you use a translucent layer on top of the console pic? If so what color it is and the opacity %

I think we should consolidate a single GCN VC template, in both photoshop and gimp format. Though I'm more inclined towards the purple one because it was the official color at launch, and most iconic one.

Actually the way I did this is a bit more annoying and honestly I need to rework it in my spare time.

EDIT: I FOUND IT, actually. Crap, now I need to remake all my banners.
Rip in pieces, will upload shortly.

WmFoYIR.png

If you want to wait a while, I'll upload all my resources in a zip as well, I just need some time to get back to my computer.

I'm going to need to do a major rework of this template actually, so give me a while for a new one.

Edit: I ended up scrapping @Crazystato 's template entirely and made my own new one from the ground up. Some stuff in it was bugging me, like how the screenshots were handled, it's a lot easier just to have a layer with a mask on it that masks the edges instead of using some roundabout method to get it to look right.

This also fixes a problem I was having where a chunk of the gamecube would be transparently on-top of the screenshot among other things, which I previously worked around, and instead I just did right this time in making my own template.

New GIMP template coming within an hour or so.
Edit: That downtime tho...
Anyway, I have the templates ready, but I didn't want to make a vague document explaining how to use it, so I made a video, which will be on youtube, included in a link with the download.

Will be posting it shortly.
Preview of the one made with my new template as an example:
<see my next post>

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright now! Thanks for those waiting patiently for my template upload!
You can find a mostly permanent download for the template here.

Here is a tutorial for usage.

This template is for GIMP 2. If anyone wants to steal resources from my template and use them to make a Photoshop one, you have my full support. <3
Just don't expect me to use it, I suck with Photoshop, and GIMP is free. ^_^

Included:
  • bootTvTex Template
  • IconTex Template
  • Required Font file
  • GameCube logo sound for the banner audio
  • Tutorial Video
  • One produced sample banner made with the template (shown in the tutorial) for Super Smash Bros. Melee
This MEGA folder will be where you will find any pre-made games I've used this template for already, in addition a mirror of the template and the video are in there as well.

VLbvCAw.png

y1RGeQr.png
QmhjVKf.png

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright now! Thanks for those waiting patiently for my template upload!
You can find a mostly permanent download for the template here.

Here is a tutorial for usage.

This template is for GIMP 2. If anyone wants to steal resources from my template and use them to make a Photoshop one, you have my full support. <3
Just don't expect me to use it, I suck with Photoshop, and GIMP is free. ^_^

Included:
  • bootTvTex Template
  • IconTex Template
  • Required Font file
  • GameCube logo sound for the banner audio
  • Tutorial Video
  • One produced sample banner made with the template (shown in the tutorial) for Super Smash Bros. Melee
This MEGA folder will be where you will find any pre-made games I've used this template for already, in addition a mirror of the template and the video are in there as well.

VLbvCAw.png

y1RGeQr.png
QmhjVKf.png

all the console images from official tga's are not top side console view , you should add a more angled approach to the console view to make it more 'official looking

Reactions: Crazystato

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the console images from official tga's are not top side console view , you should add a more angled approach to the console view to make it more 'official looking
Feel free to adapt the template as you'd like- simply replace the graphic in "Background Assets" with the GameCube graphic of your choice.
I chose this art because it's the art Nintendo used for the GameCube box among other things, and the reason I say use box art:

post-11010-0-49878300-1307156476.jpg

307914_front.jpg

nintendo-ds-japanese-box-art-20041027032612581-000.jpg

small_snes_console_002.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Feel free to adapt the template as you'd like- simply replace the graphic in "Background Assets" with the GameCube graphic of your choice.
I chose this art because it's the art Nintendo used for the GameCube box among other things.
your mega folder link does not work for me, it keeps infinite looping

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for icons for SMAS (http://www.coversresource.com/covers/Super-Mario-All-Stars-Front-Cover-49196.jpg), but I can't make them myself (:P) so yeah.
Looks like this has become an icon request thread...

SuperMarioAllStars

Screenshot.png

your mega folder link does not work for me, it keeps infinite looping

his mega link works fine here

I chose this art because it's the art Nintendo used for the GameCube box among other things, and the reason I say use box art:

307914_front.jpg

nintendo-ds-japanese-box-art-20041027032612581-000.jpg

small_snes_console_002.jpg

okay i understand you now , but even they didnt use the box art for the N64 , but looks like they did for the gameboy advance ... they just seem to use the front face of consoles with controller ports kinda visable if the console had them

n64.png

not 'knocking' you just saying something i noticed

Attachments

• SuperMarioAllStars.zip
    628.5 KB · Views: 139

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Wii Fit Plus based on opening.bnr including sound

bootTvTex.png
iconTex.png

EDIT: Recaptured bootTvTex from Wii U for better quality

Attachments

• Wii Fit Plus.zip
    1,023 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by send0r, , Reason: Recaptured bootTvTex from Wii U for better quality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist