Hacking Bannerbomb not working, what now?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
formatting is what removed HBC.
You need to launch a newer wad manager or a moded wadmanager. Version 1.5 should ask you which IOS to use and I'm thinking you have a 249 in there. Wad manager using IOS 249 should work for all of your WAD files.

if not... have you tried launching DoP-IOS from preloader? I forgot if preloader launches boot.elf, boot.dol, or lets you choose, but you can rename the file to get it to run. If you do, download IOS 36 and install it without patching, and the hackmii installer should work fine after that...

using IOS 249 resolves into a DSI error, so is there any other IOS that I could use to install IOS 36?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using IOS 249 will definitly not work - because after formating your wii you wouldn't have IOS249 installed which means you should launch CIOS rev. 14 installer within preloader (you get it here) This installes IOS 249 and after it launching WAD-Manager should work.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
Using IOS 249 will definitly not work - because after formating your wii you wouldn't have IOS249 installed which means you should launch CIOS rev. 14 installer within preloader (you get it here) This installes IOS 249 and after it launching WAD-Manager should work.

Ok, trying right away... thanks.

ZackyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you just replace the BannerBomb dol with WADManager? Won't that work? I mean instead of launching applications through preloader, as when I use preloader to launch apps I get a lot of hang and freezing for some reason.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ZackyKun said:
Why don't you just replace the BannerBomb dol with WADManager? Won't that work? I mean instead of launching applications through preloader, as when I use preloader to launch apps I get a lot of hang and freezing for some reason.

That's a good idea !
lecture.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your input guys, really appreciated!

I thought I try Det1re´s Uncorp(as cIOSCORP was installed on this Wii) and it was a full success!

Backing up NAND ATM...

Again thanks, this was really difficult to master and I am not a N00b at this things.

Props to Det1re!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Glad you got it sorted out.

But to whoever said formatting gets rid of IOS249... It doesn't. Formatting only deletes saves and channels.

Yeah, this formatting was really a bad idea... I dont remember who said this but it was a +400 posts member here so I thought ok, lets do it... making me look real stupid in the end but glad all went fine at last.

Again, thanks for ya help and input guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty