Hacking Banner Brick

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday, I made my own WAD, but I accidentally banner bricked my Wii. I searched the forums, but nothing I found can help me. I don't have a modchip, I'm on System menu version 3.3U, I don't have the Twilight hack installed, I have the Homebrew Channel Installed, and I have SaveMii. Is there any possible way to undo this brick from where I stand without buying a modchip? If so, could somebody please tell me how to do this? Thanks for any help.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
A new menu update won't save you. you will need to remove the wad, but I'm guessing you know that and yes you will need a chip.

I suggest a no solder clip and chip combo.

lecture.gif

DarkLG said:
Only way to fix it is to get a game with a higher update then what your wii is in right now.
Don't tell people to install things if you are unsure, you could make a situation worse. If you post an opinion then use words like "think" so no one follows advise without double checking.

"Help when you can, learn when you can't"

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
I'm sure he meant, erm didn't mean it...

One thing, again............"WHY" on earth did you F""k with custom banners when you aren't "safe and prepared"??

You don't have the TP hack..?
Not on v3.2 with "starfall patches"
Don't have a chip

(Savemiifrii wont help you as well)

Genuine mistake, but messing with editing custom banners etc, leads to this "Problem" and now it's hard for you to recover, regret anything now...?

Wont anyone ever "Learn" "YOU KNOW THE DANGERS!!"

Noobwarrior again....."You're favourite subject here"

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u need a modchip so that u can auto-boot a recovery disk or wad uninstaller

but u said u had a "SaveMii" is that the device that boots directly into HBC9? If u can boot into the homebrew channel, just dload a wad uninstaller and boot it ...

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it looks like I'll be getting a modchip, then, if it's really my only option. What is a good chip for a GC2-DMS drive with pins that are not cut that supports autoboot disks?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
supports autoboot disks?
all chips support autoboot, they just don't claim it, you can autoboot anything you want, games, applications made iso's
smile.gif
but you can autoboot by patching your image through "bootme" an application downloadable from wiibrew.

Good Look!

Hope this is a lesson to all the others, we have seen many bricks past few days!

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
supports autoboot disks?
all chips support autoboot, they just don't claim it, you can autoboot anything you want, games, applications made iso's
smile.gif
but you can autoboot by patching your image through "bootmii" an application downloadable from wiibrew.

Good Look!

Hope this is a lesson to all the others, we have seen many bricks past few days!
Ok, thank you. I'll be ordering a modchip soon. Just to be clear, is the Wiikey a good one?

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. I ordered my Wiikey yesterday, but now I'm reading and I hear that even THAT won't help me since I'm on 3.3 System menu? Could someone confirm or deny this please?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
supports autoboot disks?
smile.gif
but you can autoboot by patching your image through "bootmii" an application downloadable from wiibrew.

Good Look!

Wheres this link to bootmii? The only page I can find says its not released
tongue.gif

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
supports autoboot disks?
smile.gif

Good Look!

Wheres this link to bootmii? The only page I can find says its not released
tongue.gif
It's not released yet to my knowledge.

Is anybody able to answer my question please?

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I download bootme and patch....Zelda, is it? I don't have the twilight hack installed, so how will that help me? (I'm really sorry for all the questions, I just need things to be cleared up)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ok, so I download bootme and patch....Zelda, is it? I don't have the twilight hack installed, so how will that help me? (I'm really sorry for all the questions, I just need things to be cleared up)
"why" you are stuffed for some time yet, you don't even have the TP Hack, and on 3.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom