Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've sended my wii to nintendo last week with a banner brick and told them it happened with copying a vc game from sd to wii and had a power failure.

they replaced my wii free of charge because it was within the garanty period!

so people go and send it to nintendo if you have it within the warenty!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
That's pretty flawed logic. Just because you can scam someone doesn't mean you should.

I wouldn't attempt to warranty job my Wii if i knew it was my fault it died.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
That's pretty flawed logic. Just because you can scam someone doesn't mean you should.

yea, also, you could fix it yourself at minimal charge, and not have a wii be thrown in the scrap heap

if you have starfall installed with a chip, you can fix it for freeish so (chip = 25 bucks total)
if not, you can get savemii, and a chip, and fix it (chip=25, savemii=30, 55 total)

while I understand the "they should have a recovery menu," logic, cuz it could happen officially,

the fact is, it wasn't their fault.

and I, for one, don't really think convincing them it is their fault is a good gameplan in the long run

the more you point out that they need some sort of recovery system,
the more likely we are to prompt ninty to make a system update that is required by new software

I dont think many of us would be too happy if Wii Sports Paradise (et al.) or whatev ends up requiring
SysMenu 3.4, the ultimate homebrew killer (not that I'm saying that is likely, just a thought)

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see pirates have some morals in some areas.
nyanya.gif

Well, you're just lucky you managed to get away with it. What would have happened if they saw the stuff you had installed in it? Or that the channel with the broken banner wasn't official?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i had 3.3 installed so no starfall and no trucha signed discs could be read. so that was one of my problems, second i didn't had the twilight hack installed anymore, and thirth problemw as that even with the savemii you still would need the twilight hack

i never told it was their fault, i told it was cause of a power failure at home while copying, so i never accused anybody at nintendo.

and even so, the homebrew scene is far enough in the whole progress of the wii that every update will have a new exploid... (at least most likely it will)

@ thinkoutsidetheb0x: yeah i got a new one for free.

@Zerxer: then it would have cost me a replacement wii for 92€ (without warrenty they just replace broken wii for 92€)

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the point of making a thread? isn't this obvious info?

nintendo fixes wii's in warranty for free when you tell them its their fault...like nearly every other product manufacturer's in the world

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SenorClean said:

So youre saying if you accidently messed up your wii you just be like "ahh well, ill go buy another one?"

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
linkinworm said:
yea you lied to them, they dont know the real reason do they. thats why they repaired it

well their failure with the crappy system menu and not putting a recovery mechanism for end users into it...

Their failure for not adding a recovery mechanism for people who are fucking around with hacks and cracks? WTF kinda logic is that? You probably run a little kid over with your car and go "yeah, it was the parent's fault for not equipping the child with full body armor".

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Arakon said:
WiiCrazy said:
linkinworm said:
yea you lied to them, they dont know the real reason do they. thats why they repaired it

well their failure with the crappy system menu and not putting a recovery mechanism for end users into it...

Their failure for not adding a recovery mechanism for people who are fucking around with hacks and cracks? WTF kinda logic is that? You probably run a little kid over with your car and go "yeah, it was the parent's fault for not equipping the child with full body armor".

What kind of an analogy is that? I am the driver doing the hacks... The car is my wii... So the parent (probably father) is nintendo... Who the hell is the child? The parent produced my car?

Next time, If you want to criticize something, create concrete analogy...

You tried to create and analogy around car, let's create a proper one...
Correct analogy: You drive a car that is produced by Umbagumba Corp., you fill the car's depot with the newest ultra-mega-semi-bio gas which is cheaper compared to the regular one... you want to kickstart the engine but it fails... you say WTF.. you want to open the depot and refill with the regular gas... oh no, the depot doesn't open... you realize that if you had previously screw a hole in the depot you actually would have been successful in opening it... so your only choice to kick start the engine is that you bring the car to the Umbagumba Corp. and since it's only 10 months you bought that car you say "my kid just peed into the depot and there since I can't open the depot". They gracefully service your car....

Now,
Umbagumba Corp. -> Nintendo
Car -> Wii
Car's depot -> Wii's nand
Ultra-mega-semi-bio gas -> Hacked software
Screw in the depot -> Twilight hack installed
Peeing into the depot -> Failure caused by power cutoff

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
You tried to create and analogy around car, let's create a proper one...
Correct analogy: You drive a car that is produced by Umbagumba Corp., you fill the car's depot with the newest ultra-mega-semi-bio gas which is cheaper compared to the regular one... you want to kickstart the engine but it fails... you say WTF.. you want to open the depot and refill with the regular gas... oh no, the depot doesn't open... you realize that if you had previously screw a hole in the depot you actually would have been successful in opening it... so your only choice to kick start the engine is that you bring the car to the Umbagumba Corp. and since it's only 10 months you bought that car you say "my kid just peed into the depot and there since I can't open the depot". They gracefully service your car....

Now,
Umbagumba Corp. -> Nintendo
Car -> Wii
Car's depot -> Wii's nand
Ultra-mega-semi-bio gas -> Hacked software
Screw in the depot -> Twilight hack installed
Peeing into the depot -> Failure caused by power cutoff
You left one part out of your analogy: the car comes with a filter that prevents the ultra-mega-semi-bio gas from going in. Umbagumba Corp tells you not to use this gas. You hear through the grapevine that by drilling a hole in the filter, you can put any kind of gas you want in. You put the hole in, fill it with ultra-mega-semi-bio gas, and the car now fails.

So,
the filter -> Wii's security
the drilled hole -> twilight hack

Your analogy makes you sound pretty innocent. Just putting in some new ultra mega gas doesn't quite line up with the Wii, specifically the hoops you gotta jump through before you can get any WADs installed.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
trent_fox said:
You left one part out of your analogy: the car comes with a filter that prevents the ultra-mega-semi-bio gas from going in. Umbagumba Corp tells you not to use this gas. You hear through the grapevine that by drilling a hole in the filter, you can put any kind of gas you want in. You put the hole in, fill it with ultra-mega-semi-bio gas, and the car now fails.

So,
the filter -> Wii's security
the drilled hole -> twilight hack

Your analogy makes you sound pretty innocent. Just putting in some new ultra mega gas doesn't quite line up with the Wii, specifically the hoops you gotta jump through before you can get any WADs installed.

I didn't want it to sound as dramatic as it is... you see they smashed a child with another analogy
smile.gif

Of course I want to make the poor guy innocent, why would I favor a giant company? I'm not American anyway... these days they seem to be shifting from their capitalist views though...

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
the fact is that with a little lie if you can't get it back to work in any way, you can just send it to nintendo, that was my whole point...

you just realized this?

how old are you?

p.s

this trick works with all company not just nintendo in case you you didn't know
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D