Hardware Banned switch Recently became unbanned

bigdog232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i own two switches, one i bought on release the other a few months after, the first was banned for playing Splatoon online, the second was banned when i was playing Tetris 99 which is a free game. Up until this point i had only used one switch and was trying to sell the other. i just performed a clean install of Atmosphere and decided to check the e-shop and to my surprise it let me in, i seem to have full online capabilities.

If anyone else has received a ban while playing Tetris 99 maybe try connect to the e-shop again?

Reactions: Stealphie

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I was to analyse the situation I would not look at Tetris 99 as much as the state of the hacks.

Assuming it was banned in the first place and you did not just get an error and think ban. For something to become unbanned then likely Nintendo would either have to be unsure that its detection method was not generating false positives ("I'll get you next time inspector gadget hacker" and all that) or it somehow wanted them back online (warm bodies on servers, money in bank, neither of which do I imagine Nintendo is going to be in a position to have to rescind bans for any time soon or otherwise stop its hardline approach).
Still if others want to share then so it goes. Best if they state what hacks they did and how they approached online play during that.

Last edited by FAST6191, , Reason: Typo
Reactions: bigdog232

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some guy on Reddit a while ago got unbanned after accidentally bricking his console and going into a Recovery Mode (not RCM) to install the latest update

bigdog232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I was to analyse the situation I would not look at Tetris 99 as much as the state of the hacks.

Assuming it was banned in the first place and you did not just get an error and think ban. For something to become unbanned then likely Nintendo would either have to be unsure that its detection method was not generating false positives ("I'll get you next time inspector gadget hacker" and all that) or it somehow wanted them back online (warm bodies on severs, money in bank, neither of which do I imagine Nintendo is going to be in a position to have to rescind bans for any time soon or otherwise stop its hardline approach).
Still if others want to share then so it goes. Best if they state what hacks they did and how they approached online play during that.

Im not sure how else i was to confirm the ban at the time but i tried to play another game of Tetris 99 with no luck, and tried accessing the e-shop on multiple occasions with the error message popping up. As for the method i used Atmosphere, no dns and was constantly on emummc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And i only formatted the SD card and re applied Atmosphere with the same Nintendo folder

or it somehow wanted them back online (warm bodies on severs, money in bank, neither of which do I imagine Nintendo is going to be in a position to have to rescind bans for any time soon or otherwise stop its hardline approach)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree very much with this

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im not sure how else i was to confirm the ban at the time but i tried to play another game of Tetris 99 with no luck, and tried accessing the e-shop on multiple occasions with the error message popping up. As for the method i used Atmosphere, no dns and was constantly on emummc

And i only formatted the SD card and re applied Atmosphere with the same Nintendo folder

or it somehow wanted them back online (warm bodies on severs, money in bank, neither of which do I imagine Nintendo is going to be in a position to have to rescind bans for any time soon or otherwise stop its hardline approach)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you tried playing Splatoon and Tetris 99 again?

bigdog232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am playing tetris 99 now actually.

I cant play splatoon cause i dont own it

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am playing tetris 99 now actually.

I cant play splatoon cause i dont own it
I really wonder how formating your SD Card and installing Atmosphere can unban your system, I guess you're a blessed person

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I doubt it, Nintendo is really strict when it comes to hackers and modders
Not as strict as MS and Sony. But still ,once you're banned, you're usually banned forever, the nice and helpful people on the phone will still be as nice and helpful as ever, they just won't be able to help you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which error was it? I that's the main question here.

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the nice and helpful people on the phone will still be as nice and helpful as ever, they just won't be able to help you.

I remember once having a Nintendo employee really wanting to help me but couldn't because of the rules.
(I will never forget you, Jose)

Error communicating with servers i believe
It wasn't a ban then

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not impossible.
It is, it’s impossible I have actually spoke to a high level technician at Nintendo eu, once the ban payload has been sent, its irreversible.

Edit: the chances are this guy probably thought he had seen a banned online notice but the truth is he wasn’t at all!

Last edited by Reecey,

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is, it’s impossible I have actually spoke to a high level technician at Nintendo eu, once the ban payload has been sent, its irreversible.

Edit: the chances are this guy probably thought he had seen a banned online notice but the truth is he wasn’t at all!

lmao « irreversible »

yeah right we trust you just go away.

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sent e-mails to Nintendo too and they say the ban is permanent despite the fact that it says "currently" on the Switch
It isn't permanent, they just say it so you can stop bothering them, you broke the rules they will never unban you.
But if they wanted they could unban you that's all.
Try to use your brain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153