Blue Zoidberg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been tasked with fixing someone's banned console HDD (somehow I've become the local console guru), but I don't know what all is possible.
I know the ban corrupts live accounts, mucks with achievements, and prevents installs of games; I saw somewhere on here it's possible to fix this problems; how's this done? Also, does the fix allow full functionality on the banned console?

Thanks for answers in this 'time in trouble'

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
As has been mentioned a few times already, the "unban" method is tricky, convoluted, and requires a console that can still use the JTAG exploit. I.e. If it has a dashboard v8xxx, it won't work, so you can't unban it.

As for the HDD, I've heard some complain that it's permanently crippled, but I hear a lot more that it will work fine on any other console (although naturally certain DLC, avatar items, etc, will have to use the HDD transfer tools to get them working on other consoles, and game installs just need to be reinstalled). On this aspect, I can only say that my HDD seems to work fine on other consoles and all I did was just format it (to get rid of the abundance of game installs and small files in little time) and reinstall the games.

So, I basically don't see how/why you have to "fix" their HDD, when it's the console at fault (because of the nature of these new bans).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol. +1