Bandai Namco specifies framerate and resolution details for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

tales-of-vesperia-1133337.jpeg

After keeping fans in the dark about the more intricate details of their upcoming definitive edition of Tales of Vesperia, Bandai Namco has revealed the technical specifications for each version of the game. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will run at 1080p, an upgrade from the original's 720p. Those playing on PlayStation 4 will have smooth 60fps throughout the entire game, in both battles and the overworld, while the Xbox One will only run at 60fps during battle. The same can be said for the Nintendo Switch version, claimed to run at 1080p when docked, and 720p when in handheld, with 60fps only occurring within combat. Perhaps surprisingly, after the likes of the Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Zestiria PC ports, Tales of Vesperia on PC will run at up to 4K, with a variable (unlocked) framerate. Below, is the minimum and recommended specs for the game on Steam. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is set to launch worldwide on January 11, 2019.

RhZXNO4.png

:arrow: Source

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't believe them. Well, they didn't actually specify the FPS on PC, but I still don't believe them. It's simply hard to grasp how they can't manage 60 FPS on systems well beyond recommend specs on their games.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't believe them. Well, they didn't actually specify the FPS on PC, but I still don't believe them. It's simply hard to grasp how they can't manage 60 FPS on systems well beyond recommend specs on their games.
Huh? The recommended specs are a GTX 970 and an i7 with 16GB of RAM. Even PS4 Pro and XB1X don't quite perform at that level.

Reactions: DarthDub

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They claim the ps3 version ran at 720p. But actually it ran in 553i with a frame rate of 25 throughout the whole game and was upscale to 720p. It was actually the 360 that ran it at 720p with a constant rate of 30. But whatever. Glad the xbone and switch versions are the same. Owning all 3 platforms, makes my choice easy. Gotta get the switch version! Can watch tv at the same time for the win!

Link

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: RussiaSushi

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? The recommended specs are a GTX 970 and an i7 with 16GB of RAM. Even PS4 Pro and XB1X don't quite perform at that level.

I was actually speaking about their previous games (Symphonia, Zestiria, Bersaria) on PC which have all been notoriously for having framerate issues. For example, I have an i5-3570 with a GTX 1050 Ti and 8GB of RAM and can only run Zestiria stably at 20FPS*. The recommend specs? An i3-350 and a GTX 560 Ti with 4GB of RAM. I don't know if it's just an issue that Bandai Namco doesn't know how to do PC ports properly or what, but it's definitely frustrating.

* AFAIK, by default the game will auto adjust frame rate between 30 and 60FPS and characters will little walk slower. There's mods to try to fix this by setting the frame rate at a constant level, so above 20FPS I see character movement slowdown. There's other mods, and I might try one of those. The point is, I shouldn't be having to search out hacks by the community to resolve a pretty basic expectation of games today. Heck, even 30FPS without slowdowns would have been at least somewhat acceptable to me.

Reactions: Xzi

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After keeping fans in the dark about the more intricate details of their upcoming definitive edition of Tales of Vesperia, Bandai Namco has revealed the technical specifications for each version of the game. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will run at 1080p, an upgrade from the original's 720p. Those playing on PlayStation 4 will have smooth 60fps throughout the entire game, in both battles and the overworld, while the Xbox One will only run at 60fps during battle. The same can be said for the Nintendo Switch version, claimed to run at 1080p when docked, and 720p when in handheld, with 60fps only occurring within combat. Perhaps surprisingly, after the likes of the Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Zestiria PC ports, Tales of Vesperia on PC will run at up to 4K, with a variable (unlocked) framerate. Below, is the minimum and recommended specs for the game on Steam. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is set to launch worldwide on January 11, 2019.

:arrow: Source
Gotta remember on PC the game needed a mod just to work right....

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Holy divine droppings! I have no decent PC to speak of.
Guess no PC versions of those games for me.
Got to wait for Switch versions.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bamco generally does a pretty awful job of code optimization for PC. I still have issues with cutscene lag and have sometimes lagged in some dungeons in Symphonia, even with a 2700x and GTX1080. Time and care for these games are really only put in for console hardware, likely because 1) it sells better on consoles anyway, and 2) it's a fixed hardware configuration.

Last edited by Delerious,

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I finished on 360 it was amazing but now I like it more because it will makes me happy until Kingdom hearts 3 release.

I cant wait.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game running at 30 FPS in open world gameplay on the Xbox One is very... concerning, IMO. Even with the power discrepancy between the base PS4 and Xbox One in consideration, there’s no legitimate reason for the game to run at half the frame rate on the Xbox One outside of extremely poor optimization. Namco hasn’t been building up the best rep for Xbox releases, between Tekken 7 running at 720p and now SoulCalibur VI running at that same resolution (on the base Xbone) while also having long load times coupled with what seems like half of the game’s population on that console having extreme difficulties trying to play online. I smell a broken port incoming...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==