Bandai Namco giveaway PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 on PS4, Xbox One & PC

pacman.jpg

To our BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment family and friends around the world,

People around the globe are doing their part to change their life and workstyles in order to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. Here at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, we have put into action initiatives to support and safeguard the health of our employees, their families & friends, as well as our customers, vendors, and our communities.
With the help and cooperation from employees throughout our global organization, we have prepared and enacted remote working conditions within our offices across the globe. We would like to thank everyone for their individual contributions by staying home to help flatten the curve and keep everyone’s livelihood safe and secure. We would also like to express our most sincere gratitude for those working in the medical field who are on the front lines facing the daunting task of keeping the pandemic under control. While there are various relief efforts underway, as an entertainment provider, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment is also planning to take action to serve our fans.
Our vision is to follow our slogan word for word and provide – “more fun for everyone.” We are striving to provide entertainment that everyone can enjoy in the hope we can bring smiles and laughter to video game players throughout the world during this difficult time.

As such, we will be sending our beloved goodwill ambassador, PAC-MAN, into everyone’s homes by making PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 available for free starting from - April 24, 2020 at 10:00am PDT to May 10, 2020 at 10:00am PDT - for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PCs via STEAM®. Through this free limited-time giveaway, we hope to bring fun into everyone’s homes around the globe.

Everyone’s thoughts at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment are focused on the well-being of our colleagues and fans as we continue our endeavor to bring more fun for everyone around the world.
Now, let’s all do our part and have “More Fun for Everyone – at Home”.
Stay safe and be well,

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo don't actually allow games to be reduced to 'free'. Conduct Together! was reduced to 1 cent/100 yen/99p depending on the region because they couldn't actually make it free.
That's... bizarre.
Especially since games that started free are still alllowed to be free.
And in that case why don't they just reduce it to 1 cent then? Anyone that's bought anything won't even have to use a credit card because basically everyone has some Gold Points lying around.

PaM81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think Nintendo don't actually allow games to be reduced to 'free'. Conduct Together! was reduced to 1 cent/100 yen/99p depending on the region because they couldn't actually make it free.
"Bury me, my love", was free (0€) this winter

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great that they're basically giving this away for free
pity that 1) the switch version, aka the good one, is still full price and 2) the steam version lags like crap if you don't have a high end computer
like come on it's pac-man
why is there no option to turn off the ludicrous effects so that freaking pac-man doesn't run like a powerpoint presentation

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm, it's a nice offer yes, but not that good a game - as Plasmaster said it's only really any good on Switch, and even then it pales in comparison to the previous 2 games (I know, no PS4 version of those...)
Actually, what about Pac-Man 256!? Now that was a good game!

Free is free though! (I'm just bitching coz I already own it!!)

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, it's a nice offer yes, but not that good a game - as Plasmaster said it's only really any good on Switch, and even then it pales in comparison to the previous 2 games (I know, no PS4 version of those...)
Actually Pac-Man 256! Now that was a good game!

If not for the fact that u probably got it years ago I would suggest refunding it (you get the amount you paid) and buying it for free
Steam doesn't consider that abuse in the slightest
but yeah I downloaded the steam version since I'm purely a Nintendo guy and don't have a PS4 or XB1
my laptop is mid-range- i5 processor, generally middle of the road in terms of power and whatnot
it runs at maybe ten fps and that is ridiculous
IT'S FREAKING PAC-MAN.

Reactions: mightymuffy

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, what about Pac-Man 256!? Now that was a good game!

To each their own. I loved the first Pac-Man CE and if this is at all similar, I'm going to love it on both my PC and PS4.

_Lusty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I really wish my laptop could run it at full speed. Guess the game needs its fancy 3d graphics for just showing off lol.

Also, you literally need a computer strong enough to run Fallout 4 to run this game anyways. But hey, a free game obtained the legal way is fine by me.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was my personal fav of the Pac-Man revival games. I never realized it took such a beast machine to run it, though the weakest setup I tried it on was a 3770k with an R9 290x. I just 'bought' this for free on my x1x and started playing again.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pac-man? Really? :blink:

That's Namco mascot? Don't know why but I thought it was someone else... Like galaga or something. Remember ridge racer? When you start the game, you play galaga, not PAC-MAN. :ninja:

(Am I the only one wondering for a switch port?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1