Inside Xbox presents first look at Xbox Series X gameplay

NujYhFs.png

Microsoft mentioned that we'll be seeing monthly reveals and events for the Xbox Series X prior to its launch, with the first one taking place today. An Inside Xbox episode will be streaming their first showcase of Xbox Series X gameplay today, with a focus on third party titles. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla has been confirmed as one of the games we'll be seeing, along with other next-gen titles. The stream kicks off at 10am CT, so be sure to tune in to the Twitch stream below, or stick around for our live coverage.

Microsoft's main concern is the safety of their employees, with them stating that production is moving forward, even with everyone working at home. They reiterate that Obsidian, Double Fine, 343, and other Xbox Games Studios have gameplay to show for first-party titles in July.

"Every game you're about to see is optimized for the Xbox Series X"

An FPS is being shown, with elements of driving cars and launching your character with a grappling hook. It's called Bright Memory Infinite, developed by Playism. This is gameplay captured in-engine.

Codemasters has a racing game to debut: Dirt 5.

Ebb Software's logo is shown. It's going for a creepy tone, whatever it is. Scorn is the name of the game.

This title has Smart Delivery. This one's focused on spaceships and space combat. Chorvs.

Madden 21. Kansas City Chiefs QB gets to announce that Madden 21 is coming to the Series X.

We get a huge list of publishers and developers working on games for the Series X.

NAeWkUm.png

Developer Paradox has a creepy Christmas puppetry scene to show for its latest game. When night falls, you rise. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 announced.

Raw Fury is the dev for this next game. Call of the Sea has you trapped on an island, to explore its secrets.

Neon Giant and Curve Digital. A futuristic-looking game. Top-view shooter seems to be the genre. Ascent.

The Medium shows off a crumbling world, and a woman with bleeding hands. It's a psychological horror game. The Silent Hill composer will be working on the soundtrack for this.

Namco Bandai has a game about floral zombies that cannot be hurt or stopped. Very anime themed. You fight with psychokinesis. Scarlet Nexus.

Avalanche Studios. Lots of dinosaurs. Second Extinction.

New Yakuza game. Like a Dragon gets some scenes in English. The game's English release will be available on launch for the system, as well as PC.

It ends on the latest Assassin's Creed game. Stonehenge shown. The main character has a crow on his shoulder.

:arrow: Source

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now to wait for whatever sony's got up their sleeve.
TBH both parties don't interest me that much-
I have no interest in cinematic 3rd person "games" that are really just wannabe movies (cough cough Death stranding cough cough TLOU2 cough), neither do i have interest in another god damned world war 2 first person shooter when the genre died out years ago.
I guess i have a slight bias towards sony since they won the last console gen, but remember when sony went from ps2 to ps3? I have a feeling sony might get too cocky and end up releasing garbage.

Reactions: Payne

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i did not saw any gameplay here...
It's not important as games are miles off - these presentations are perfect for me I just wanna see a quick clip of a game then note them down and thts it - don't kno why people wanna see gameplay as ther be less to look forward to when start playing the game

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's not important as games are miles off - these presentations are perfect for me I just wanna see a quick clip of a game then note them down and thts it - don't kno why people wanna see gameplay as ther be less to look forward to when start playing the game
I mean it's saying "first look at Xbox Series X gameplay" so...

call me Ken or Accel

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
You know that they can fake those "gameplay" in cinematic trailers *cough Anthem cough*
Just show everyone the actual gameplay with HUD and stuff. I really hate how everything is these boring as hell cinematic trailers now instead of getting into the meat

Last edited by call me Ken or Accel,

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that they can fake those "gameplay" in cinematic trailers *cough Anthem cough*
Just show everyone the actual gameplay with HUD and stuff. I really hate how everything is these boring as hell cinematic trailers now instead of getting into the meat
The gaming industry is just trying to become more cinematic in general- more cutscenes, less gameplay. (cough cough death stranding cough cough)Why do you think they're not showing any gameplay? The game itself is shit and theyre falling back on the cutscenes and story to sell- which already misses the point of a video game.
I'm a nintendo gamer because they specifically make video GAMES. they don't have complex stories that belong in a theater, just 90% of the game you get is pure gameplay and pure bliss.
Even the 90s sega and nintendo commercials at least had some gameplay in them, even if it was completely submerged under the cool/rad factor the commercials were trying to hype up. I look at a playstation commercial and i don't see any hud... just characters talking and cinematic shots.

GenNaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmon we all kno how games play is it such a big deal lol even if they show 5 seconds of gameplay it's still gameplay
The hell? I sort of get this sentiment if the game is part of a series you already love but most of these announcements were brand new IPs. Would you really buy any of those games because of just a CG trailer?

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hell? I sort of get this sentiment if the game is part of a series you already love but most of these announcements were brand new IPs. Would you really buy any of those games because of just a CG trailer?
I mean with the current gaming industry relying on old IPs in order to sell, a new franchise stepping into the ring is always a nice thing to see.

GenNaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean with the current gaming industry relying on old IPs in order to sell, a new franchise stepping into the ring is always a nice thing to see.
I didn't say it wasn't a good thing. I just don't understand why Dan thinks seeing gameplay of a video game is overrated or unnecessary.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So much actual gameplay!!!! .... that are missing from the showcase (ie. there isn't any). Why did Microsoft even include the word gameplay in the title?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am just bored of games with photorealistic graphics period
i don't really give AF about a cunt hir higher frame rate or whatver trivila improvements they are making anymore
i miss video games that looked like video games where you could see some semblance of the blocky polygons
every game now just looks like meh not really muh not much setting them apart
amd 98% of games have same tiered old tropes
blah blah blah dystopian post apocalyptic future blah blah blah

Last edited by weatMod,

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am just bored of games with photorealistic graphics period
i don't really give AF about a cunt higher higher frame rate or whatver trivial improvements they are making anymore
i miss video games that looked like video games where you could see some semblance of the blocky polygons
every game now just looks like meh not really muh not much setting them apart
amd 98% of games have same tiered old tropes
blah blah blah dystopian post apocalyptic future blah blah blah
I would agree with you except on the framerate part. a game may have a pleasing artstyle but if that fps isnt good, the experience isn't good. same for the resolution, though that's not that big of an offender. As long as it's at 480p or higher it's good enough for me.
But yeah, most devs aren't really creative enough to make a pleasing artstyle so they focus on making the game as realistic as possible. It kinda sucks but it appeals to the majority of people who play video games. Plus, if you don't really like it, you can always ignore it. People can definitely live without EA, Activision or Blizzard.

Reactions: weatMod

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
For me the H.R. Giger game (Scorn) and and Medium were the standouts.

I actually very much liked what I saw with those in terms of foliage/detail work and raytracing -- worlds seem far more believable than this gen, simply because of access detail in the overworld, and most of it might just be the real time light maps and some less 'effecty' particle effects (in contrast to those in the 'made by one man' game from china.. ;) *sparkseverywhere* ). But it was palpable. Something there changed, and it has a real benefit for emersion.

I hope this gives a boost to storytelling aspects - as environments can now be made pretty believable and lived in looking.

The H.R. Giger Trailer had this in its entirety with Medium I'm pretty much referring to the shot of the Gothic Cathedral and then the character reveal directly therafter (unsure if prerendered).

This was also somewhat present in that Scifi Diablo clone, where you just had access detail everywhere. Something about this... works, to make environments immediately more believable. (Hope this doesnt come at a cost of 2x developer hours once more..)

The other thing that was crazy to me, was that uncanny valley seems to have been surpassed. In both Medium and that strange future racer/Wipeout thingy, character animation and facial mimic / face modeling were actually believable. Meaning, I believed in the facial acting and wasnt thrown out of immersion for a long time.

All in all it seems like technical advantages this time could have a real impact on the realizability of worlds, which to me is an exciting thought.
-

On presentation - daed eyed, nothing left in life, I sold my soul to the corporation people in the video everywhere. Not having enough enthusiasm left to even fake a smile (and by that I dont mean, MS - make them fake a smile), reading out PR talking point lists in front of developers telling them over and over how excited they were, with dead eyes.

That stuff gets beyond creepy by now - and is a direct result from MS trying to control the massage and do 'fake influencer style journalism' to reach you the audience in their excitement. The token women, feigning excitement over Fifa, while literally having the demeanor of a marketing rep that never played a game in their life (I dont know why - but it came accross that way), with a propped up controller in the backgroud of their shot, gave me the rest.

More of that, and I'll literally turn off in the future. Those people are dead inside. Stop flaunting their carcasses in front of a camera.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up