Hacking Ban Possibilities

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clear things up.

Q) Nintendo cannot ban you whilst offline can they? (Even if you have never been online whilst in GW mode)
A) This is not possible at all due to Nintendo not knowing what you are using as you are not online.

Q) Is it possible to get a ban whilst using a .CIA?
A) Whilst no cases have been reported of this please stay cautious. (It is advised not to link your NNID to your console whilst having .CIA files installed as Nintendo will be able to see you have not bought them)

Q) Is it possible to get ban whilst using a private header?
A) Yes, but the likelyhood is very slim, if it is your own cart and noone else has copied the header you should be fine.

Q) Is it possible to get can whilst using a public header
A) No doubt about this. Just a matter of time.

Q) Is it possible to become unban for any reason?
A) Every person who bas been 'ban' has now been unban and Nintendo claim it was a server bug. This cannot be confirmed though.

Q) How long is this supposed 'Ban'
A) Whilst some users claim 5 days, other claim they have been unban after 15 days. So this can vary.

Please feel free to add some questions and I shall add accordingly.

Please remember anything is possible. I will not be responsible for your console getting a ban due to you reading this.

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're too paraboid man, everyone affected so far have been unbanned. They can't ban you while your offline, and if you use a private header you won't get banned. If you use a public header you have a chance of getting banned, but that depends if Nintendo wants to ban as thry haven't in thr past afaik

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1) No they cannot
2) possible but unconfirmed (as far as i know)
3) Yeah, if someone else is using that header at the same time/with another game/.., if you are the only one, then no. (also not confirmed as far as i know)
4) Yeah deffenitly
5) Everyone that was banned is suddenly unbanned, and nintendo claims that it was a server bug

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're too paraboid man, everyone affected so far have been unbanned. They can't ban you while your offline, and if you use a private header you won't get banned. If you use a public header you have a chance of getting banned, but that depends if Nintendo wants to ban as thry haven't in thr past afaik

Its not about me being paranoid, it is for others to check it out and clear things up.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. I dont think so but you never know.
2. Some were reporting it but I dont think they were being serious. Im playing my games in .cia format from the beginning and I havent been banned so far so I guess its safe.
3. Wouldnt know since I dont use ROMs.
4. Yes.
5. It is since it has been done, but that could be Nintendos mistake or whatnot.

If youre gonna use .cia files be sure not to attach a NNID to the console since Nintendo could check your .cia files and see that you dont have them bought.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Purchases are attached to eshop ID and console ID.

But then there are the bundled titles, that aren't attached to anything and can be freely dumped from and installed in any vulnerable console.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Purchases are attached to eshop ID and console ID.
But then there are the bundled titles, that aren't attached to anything and can be freely dumped from and installed in any vulnerable console.

I'm not sure, but couldn't you also system transfer these?
I'm wondering, if you would copy the header to another rom, should you be able to play it on sysnand to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out