Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Announced

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.baldursgate.com/

A mysterious 24-hour countdown is now ticking away at the new Baldur's Gate website.
Nobody was quite sure what to make of it when a strange new Baldur's Gate website popped up back at the end of February. There was nothing to it but the famous Baldur's Gate skull, theme song and some words from the wise Alaundo about how the Lord of Murder shall perish and yadda yadda. But hidden in the page's source code were some rather more interesting messages.
I can't wait.

Edit: From the source code on the website...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm yet to play an RPG that's as good as Baldur's Gate. I'd still rather play it then most of the new RPGs.

If it is a new one, and not just a HD re-make, then I hope they stick to the 2D style.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
If someone does break through the Wall of Denial of Service, I'd very much appreciate a screenshot.

I don't know if I should be excited or if I should start weeping in my "They butchered my beloved series!" corner.

This is the website ATM, so it's still useless:

:(

EDIT: now it changed a little:

http://i43.tinypic.com/i6l9mq.jpg

But now error 500 again.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is the website ATM, so it's still useless:

Even I could write a better code for the loader if that's all that loads. I waited for mine to go to 00:00:00 from about 11:55:00 or so. Good way to spend time making a thesis report..

EDIT: Actually managed to get the page to load and it says 0:00:00 instead of the blank field. But lets wait and see :)

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not likely be a remake or sequel. The game franchise licences has been scattered to the wind as far as I remember. Interplay owned the BG licence last I looked, but NOT the DnD licence.

It's likely a portable rerelease. Hopefully they fix all the bugs first.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
xXbW1.jpg

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have BG1 + Tales of the Sword Coast & BG2, and I must say that I am interested to see what the 'enhanced' edition is about...

Then if Icewind dale gets a bit of love too it'd be nice. Wouldn't be hard since it was pretty much the same as BG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...