Baldur's Gate I, II, and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions get major bugfixes in new 2.6 update

fe24d553e78c8d8d48e3bc7bc8524ec3fc3034d1.png

A handful of classic games are getting some major fixes. A massive patch just went out for Baldur's Gate I, Baldur's Gate II, Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale's Enhanced Editions, bringing hundreds of stability improvements, new language translations, voice-acted lines, and moving from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture. The Windows, macOS, and Linux versions of the game benefit from this 2.6 patch, while an identical one is currently being worked on for the mobile port versions of the games, of which will also add in crossplay between phone and PC. With the update, each of the Enhanced Editions will now run better on modern builds, at the cost of no longer supporting 32-bit OSes.

• Upgrade to 64-Bit
    | A much needed upgrade for modern machines— this improves system compatibility
  • 7 New Character Voice Sets
    | New player voice sets, including two from the legendary Mark Meer reprising his roles as Alveus Malcanter and Baeloth Barrityl
  • 11 New Character Portraits
    | New character portraits to customize your hero’s look
  • Hundreds of Bug Fixes
    | Includes scores of fixes to spells and hero abilities
  • Improved Pathfinding | Smoother party movement and navigation
  • New Localizations
    |
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
    | Added French text localization (beta)
  • Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    | Added French (beta), Italian, German, Ukrainian and Polish text localizations
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
    | Added Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified) text localizations

:arrow: Source

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sucks that they didn't port the game pad controls from the consoles. I wonder when the consoles would get these fixes?

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang! I noticed an update available for Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition the other day but didn’t even pay it any mind. Think I’ll have to get that updated and check it out!

Reactions: SonyUSA

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are they not updating Planescape Torment as well? I was thinking this might be the year that I finally get around to that.

Reactions: Henx
D

Deleted User

To be honest, those 11 New Character Portraits aren't going to be on the level of just searching the Internet for Cosplay Portraits, filtering and cropping them to the in-game 210 x 330 Portrait dimensions.

There are quite a lot of very good Cosplayers who Post great photos that one can use in-game; most of my own edits are for the Half-Dragon races, of which any Japanese Oni or European Fawn Cosplay should fit well.

As long as one does not distribute said photos, there should not be any conflicts of interests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over