I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dgwillia said:
From what i have heard (And from the leaked videos), it needs FW 5.50 to run. So unless Dark_Alex makes a reappearance, or someone makes a work around, we are screwed

Zooommmgg...
Well, I'm screwed. o.o

What's up with DA anyways? Haven't heard/seen anything from him in a while.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuck, i dont want to mess with that Gen stuff, heard it was buggy, and i dont want to screw up my PSP >_>.

EDIT: I heard he just dissapeared, or hopefully he is taking a break. The PSP community needs him.......

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
with a game a anticipated as Tales of VS someone will make a work around if one is needed whether it gets released or not is another matter hell if I could make one I would but I can't so I wont, we're not screwed its all just a matter of time
smileipb2.png

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we already have workarounds for the other 2+ 5.50 games, so im praying we get something in the next week. (Or by some miracle the guy who posted the footage was full of BS, and we can play it on day one)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Yuck, i dont want to mess with that Gen stuff, heard it was buggy, and i dont want to screw up my PSP >_>.

EDIT: I heard he just dissapeared, or hopefully he is taking a break. The PSP community needs him.......

Buggy? I have it, and I haven't noticed anything different than the M33. It works perfect.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can vouch for GEN-A. I haven't had a single problem with it yet, except that it becomes a little dodgy on putting it on standby if you add a custom background. Keep with the original or classic theme and all is good. All that it does to mess up is locks up. The light flashes once and stays on instead of going out like it should when it goes in standby. To fix this, slide the power switch and hold it up until it turns off. Then reboot and reload GEN-A. Simple.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
I can vouch for GEN-A. I haven't had a single problem with it yet, except that it becomes a little dodgy on putting it on standby if you add a custom background. Keep with the original or classic theme and all is good. All that it does to mess up is locks up. The light flashes once and stays on instead of going out like it should when it goes in standby. To fix this, slide the power switch and hold it up until it turns off. Then reboot and reload GEN-A. Simple.
by this does it mean that i can't sleep my psp while i am playing?, and i cannot use themes

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
clegion said:
Skyline969 said:
by this does it mean that i can't sleep my psp while i am playing?, and i cannot use themes
You can sleep your PSP, that's the only thing you should do. Don't power it off if you have custom firmware on it (CFWE or GEN-A only), or you will have to re-apply it. You can also use custom themes, but you need a special plugin. Simple stuff, a monkey could do it.
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, if you have M33 or some other permanent firmware, by all means shut off your PSP. It won't affect it as the files are all in the flash0. With the temporary firmwares for 2000 and 3000, such as GEN-A and CFWE, you can't shut off your PSP, only put it in sleep mode. This is because the major files needed to run are stored in the PSP's RAM, and shutting off the PSP clears those files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.