Backups not showing in disc channel after exiting HBC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tomm2cool, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tomm2cool
    OP

tomm2cool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    I tried looking for this issue around the boards, but I couldn't find any discussion on this topic:

I have an 3.2U Wii, with a Wiikey 1.9s & the latest Preloader installed in my system. When I turn on my Wii with a game backup in it, it shows up fine in my disc channel, but everytime I go to the Homebrew Channel then exit it, the game does not show up in my disc channel. I tried clicking into the disc channel, but I just get the message that the disc cannot be read. I have to either eject and reinsert the game or shut off my Wii and turn it back on for the game to show up.

I know I might be lazy [​IMG], but is there anything I can do (without installing a backup loader) to have my games show up at all times in the disc channel?

2. tomm2cool
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    I can't be the only person with this problem. [​IMG]

3. AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    United States
    L B C
    You may be? Just start up preloader main menu and go to setting.
    Make sure that the top 2 lines say system menu no for all the rest then save.

4. tomm2cool
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    That did it! I had my second setting set to preloader instead of system menu. Thanks Asosa. [​IMG]

5. AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    United States
    L B C
    Your well come.

6. tomm2cool
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    Just a thought here: I enjoyed going back to my health screen after getting out of the HBC cuz I think mine is so cool. [​IMG] I remember the older version of the HBC brought us back to the health screen and my backups would show up in the disc channel.

I think it would be a good idea for a future release of Preloader to include this option, since I notice the drive does not try and read any disc with the option I had on before.

7. yakboy

yakboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    Nice, worked me for me to!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!

8. AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    United States
    L B C
    Just do a little research on the stuff you have.
    Cioscorps= Ability to play from the Disc Channel
    Preloader=Control enable and disable hack, Customize how your Wii thinks, ability to unbrick ect, ect.
    Any Region Changer= Free Region

9. tomm2cool
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    Oh now you show up? Where were you when I needed support as not being the only person with this problem? [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice