aufgreifen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I got a question:

in 3.4 you can't install wads which contains channels (bug fixed). So you can't install the homebrew channel. But you can install wads / write data to the flash drive thats contains no channels.

Do you need a channel for playing backups? Can't you just install the "read Backups as DVD-Video" app into the homebrew channel und launch the backuploader from the homebrew channel? And keep the Menu 3.4?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
aufgreifen said:
Hi I got a question:

in 3.4 you can't install wads which contains channels (bug fixed). So you can't install the homebrew channel. Wrong HBC has its own installer But you can install wads / write data to the flash drive thats contains no channels. Depends on what the Wad contains

Do you need a channel for playing backups? No Can't you just install the "read Backups as DVD-Video" app into the homebrew channel und launch the backuploader from the homebrew channel?install the required cIOS and then run the BL from the HBC / through channel And keep the Menu 3.4? Don't think thats possible

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, sorry but YOU CAN install The Homebrew Channel under 3.4 ... My guide here explains what you have to do and provides everything you need.

Cygoku

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can install wads on 3.4.
First use the normal wad manager 1.3 to install ios16.
ios16 is an official un-edited ios, so it is correctly signed. So it will install on 3.4.
Then you use the patched wad manager that uses io16.
ios16 contains the trucha bug, so you now install any wad. such as the custom ios rev8 for backup support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)