Hacking Backup Utility Disc used by Nintendo?

• Thread starter Kurisuellegarden
  • Start date
  • Views 1,396
  • Replies 6
K

Kurisuellegarden

I'm backing up my saves and Miis using homebrew programs...but I was wondering if the Nintendo Utility Disc or whatever they used when they repair consoles exists as a dump?

And also what the official name of it is? :wtf:

K

Kurisuellegarden

I found it. Never mind. I'm not sure I can delete this post? I found it on a dreamcast emulating site...how ironic. Wii Backup Disc 1.31

I'm going to see if I can use it? Hopefully? I got a new Wii and I'm going to transfer all my stuff over...instead of clicking one on one for my saves

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only works if you have a good IOS16 installed, and I'm not sure if it works for anything past system menu 3.2 or so. But give it a shot if you want to.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Well I burnt it and I was wondering why it didn't work. xD Okay, so just repatch the iso to work with IOS249 then I'm all good.

It works great too, right? Backs everything all up? One last question... does it work with SDHC?

K

Kurisuellegarden

It does not read SDHC, it picks it up as 0 blocks.
smile.gif
That's all good, I have so many SD cards...it's ridiculous. Thanks for that IOS patching idea, I wouldn't have thought of that, it's been a while since I've used it... (last game was Red Steel...1)

It's a very helpful disc so far...very general, but it'll be useful when I mod Wiis...it'll be easy to move Mii and Save Data over. I hope there is a good homebrew which can back it all up in just one go...Blue Dump is getting there...I admire it...but a few bugs. =\ Especially with japanese saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30