Backup Utility Disc used by Nintendo?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kurisuellegarden, Mar 25, 2010.

Mar 25, 2010
  1. I'm backing up my saves and Miis using homebrew programs...but I was wondering if the Nintendo Utility Disc or whatever they used when they repair consoles exists as a dump?

And also what the official name of it is? :wtf:

2. I found it. Never mind. I'm not sure I can delete this post? I found it on a dreamcast emulating site...how ironic. Wii Backup Disc 1.31

I'm going to see if I can use it? Hopefully? I got a new Wii and I'm going to transfer all my stuff over...instead of clicking one on one for my saves

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That only works if you have a good IOS16 installed, and I'm not sure if it works for anything past system menu 3.2 or so. But give it a shot if you want to.

4. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just patch the disc to run off of ios249 then ios16 is not needed...

-kitt050383

and I have used it on 4.2 so it still works!

5. Well I burnt it and I was wondering why it didn't work. xD Okay, so just repatch the iso to work with IOS249 then I'm all good.

It works great too, right? Backs everything all up? One last question... does it work with SDHC?

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    I don't think it would work with SDHC, but I've never tried. SDHC support though was added to a Wii a long time after they pressed they discs.

7. It does not read SDHC, it picks it up as 0 blocks. [​IMG] That's all good, I have so many SD cards...it's ridiculous. Thanks for that IOS patching idea, I wouldn't have thought of that, it's been a while since I've used it... (last game was Red Steel...1)

It's a very helpful disc so far...very general, but it'll be useful when I mod Wiis...it'll be easy to move Mii and Save Data over. I hope there is a good homebrew which can back it all up in just one go...Blue Dump is getting there...I admire it...but a few bugs. =\ Especially with japanese saves.