1. Canna

OP Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    originally i did have hekate 3.2 and files to try avoid this.........
    i guess something has changed, but i will test what i can

Guys post your folder contents

switch\kezplez-nx

Picture please from sd card

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Had black screen 1st time then I tried again and it worked. Did you put the files from that link in your card?

3. Canna

United States
    Confirmed tomger latest files,or hekate 4.0 does not load kezplez. may revert back to old files.

Under testing files structure is slightly different, and am working on a solution to get this to work with latest..

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Btw if I ever needed to restore a nand backup, which file(s) is/are needed?

5. Canna

United States
    Think i found the problem one second

Problem found and solved ...Guide Updated

Rawnand.bin
    Boot 1
    Boot 0

Exfat formatted sd card

ganons, Lazyjones and shchmue like this.
  6. Lazyjones

Lazyjones Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Working fine now, see OP for details.

7. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    Indeed, that fixed it for me. In the interest of precision, it'd be good to be exact in the guide, you wrote it as txt files but the actual filenames are 'tsec_keys.bin' vs 'tsec_key.bin'. Looks like when CTCaer moved from the ipl to bootloader folder structure he changed the filename and kezplez expects the old filename as tesnos wrote it in the original hekate PR.

Canna likes this.
  8. Canna

United States
    Oh yeah your right il change extension, i need more coffee , hey you wanna be my secretary :P ...
    And yes i solved it, as the file structure and names changed i thought this would happen as i said but hey ho i got a solution for everyone and spoke to ctcaer

shchmue likes this.
  9. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    thanks for doing that, i'm bummed i missed it even after digging through the kezplez code but on the bright side now i can try to add retroactive support for both filenames and most of all add graceful errors with useful messages when file opens fail. also if i can, support for the EMMC serial directory under backup so no one has to change anything and can go straight from backup everything up in hekate to kezplez

Canna likes this.
  10. Switchup

Switchup Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    @Canna I originally did my NAND backup a couple of months ago whilst virgin and was told to just backup SYSTEM and rawnand.bin with no mention of boot 0 or 1 backup. I would like to restore my NAND back to that state. Am I able to Restore by just using just the rawnand.bin with no boot 0/1?

I saw in a previous post in this thread that someone had only the rawnand and they restored it successfully but would like more than one opinion.

Would appreciate a reply. Cheers.

11. h3lladvocate

h3lladvocate Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've tried for about an hour and I'm unable to dump keys.txt. Followed the instructions to the letter on multiple SD cards, no avail. Immediately get a 2168-0002 error on launching kezplez-nx.

Backup contain:
    dumps
    pkg1
    pkg2
    BOOT0
    BOOT1

All subfolders also contain all expected files.

Firmware: 3.0.0
    SD Card: Tried both the 4gb sd that the switch comes with and 64gb sandisk, both formatted FAT32 32kb clusters.

Tried dumping/backing up every single potential option in hekate, doesn't work.

Nothing works. Both clean SDs, only files are the ones from the initial post. Also tried using latest kezplezfrom the github for shits and giggles, also doesn't work.

Would really appreciate some help, since this is the last step in the backup guide...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  12. djcraze

djcraze GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was able to do it just fine. I had to copy pkg1, pkg2, boot0 and boot1 to the root of the SD card. I had to move everything inside of backup/*/ to backup/ and I had to rename backup/dumps/tseckeys.bin to backup/dumps/tsec_key.bin

So the changes I had to make where as follows:

sdcard
    ----pkg1
    ----pkg2
    ----BOOT0
    ----BOOT1
    ----backup
    --------dumps
    ------------tsec_key.bin

13. Canna

United States
    If your boot section boot1/0 get corrupt by bad payloads or something then you can restore them, you may get them by creating a new nand image via choirdujour...

But that's why i said in my guide to backup boot0/1 anyway......So just go ahead and use hekate and backup boot0/1 i like to remove autorcm before i back up boot 0/1 to make sure its clean

You ignored the important message i had wrote on the guide.. If you did not ignore this you would not be having issues .

Go back and read the guide towards the bottom of the backup guide it will say important in green text, this tells you what to do. >

14. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    for the record, SYSTEM is already within rawnand.bin so you don't need it if you have rawnand, which is the full system memory dump. system is just one partition from it

15. Canna

United States
    Partly true
    When dumping emmc sys with hekate you get all the partitions
    [​IMG]
    Its not a big file
    And it is great to have separate as it gives you partitions to be used in the nand tools , hactools/Hackdiskmount and you don't have to manually extract it from rawnand

You can also rebuild your self a nand with emmc sys dump. so i think its small enough to dump its just minus the user partition which is the biggest of the nand dump and is a good backup

sorry sweetheart @shchmue :ha:

16. Switchup

Switchup Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    So it dosnt matter if i use virgin rawnand with not so virgin boot 0/1 so long as i dont have auto rcm enabled?

17. Canna

United States
    I say it does but maybe others will say it does not ... its so easy just to backup boot1/0 i suggest you do it anyway as it is like a 1 minute process

the boot0/1 will only be clean if auto rcm is not on there..

Remove auto rcm temporally backup boot0/1 then you may restore your autorcm

Auto rcm bricks the boot thats why it puts you into recovery mode aka rcm

18. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    that's exactly my point. the files you screenshotted is everything in rawnand except the USER partition

19. Canna

United States
    Im not saying your wrong lol, im saying i have asked users to backup emmc sys , and recommend they do so they essentially have 2 backups and easy access to nand tools without touching rawnand.bin..
    If they lose there rawnand.bin or its corrupt at least they can build a nand with restore partitions.

shchmue likes this.
  20. Switchup

Switchup Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks for your help mate.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - biskeys+tseckeys+keys, Restore, Backup