1. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    i just finished a build that works no matter the folder structure and tsec key filename, just need to test all the different ways and work out how to distribute it since i had to fork an old commit due to tesnos disappearing with a non-working commit

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    here it is:
    tesnos has been MIA for a few weeks and the latest commit doesn't work, so I forked the last one a few after the v1.1 release and fixed the 2168-0002 caused by the new hekate folder structure and TSEC keyfile name. now it works with either filename and either backup folder structure.

so for this guide you should be able to go straight from dumping keys in hekate to running kezplez in CFW, no matter which version of hekate you're using.

source: https://github.com/shchmue/kezplez-nx/commit/615e6c7cb3ce3addd33fe516a0a20d883f0cc1ed
    binary: https://github.com/shchmue/kezplez-nx/releases

Canna and Draxzelex like this.
  3. sharaku17

sharaku17 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    hey mate, got one question. I have 2 switches on 5.1.0
    On one of these switches I suspect a software fault that makes the switch crash a lot during gaming.
    Is it possible that i take a Nand backup of the switch that works perfectly and "inject" the keys of the "faulty" switch and restore that created Nand on the "faulty" switch to get a repaired system on it?

4. Canna

OP Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    thank you very much sweetheart will update the guide and place your update in the files , well done clever girl :yay:;)

Yes that is possible, with choidujournx or the pc version of choirdujour to build a system files and use hackdiskmount to restore folders and inject keys

Easy method if you want to do that would be to use choirdujourNX and place the system files in the sd card.. Look for a guide for choirdujourNX

Make sure you Have both console backed up first what ever you decide to do... and backup both the consoles biskeys

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    sharaku17 likes this.
  5. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Hi guys. I get my Jig tomorrow for my Switch and the first thing I am going to do is backup NAND and keys. For the biskeys, guide says to use a QR Scanner on a cell/smartphone. I have an iPhone, which QR Scanner should I get? Help appreciated :)

6. sharaku17

sharaku17 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Im not finding any good guides in doing what i plan. I have backed up both consoles Nand now aswell as their Biskeys. Now which files do i need to use with choirdujourNX?

7. Canna

United States
    Google AUTO XBINS
    AND USE THE APPLICATION

On there are folders called NX-5.1.0.zip to download, which is system software,system update basically
    extract the folder to sd card use choidujourNX guide here easy and simple follow the guide
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Of just have them display on screen ande type whats on screen into notepad...
    I hate apple / iphones so i couldn't help you sorry

maybe this ? https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/qr-reader-for-iphone/id368494609?mt=8

there is a qr scanner out there that send it to your email

sharaku17 likes this.
  8. eatingdonut

eatingdonut Newbie
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    hi
    backup everything nicely without any problems but... i did all this with a physical game cart in the switch.
    will that cause any problems to the nand or anything? im an idiot for doing that.:)

9. easycrashing

easycrashing GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is my keys.txt file supposed to be one big jumpled mess?

the biskeys.txt file had a return between each info, the first time i did it though my DEVICE KEY showed a bunch of 0's had to do it twice

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. Canna

United States
    its fine leave it alone

11. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    it has Unix style newlines. if you open it in WordPad or Notepad++ it'll interpret them correctly, but Notepad shows it as if there were no newlines

Canna likes this.
  12. Aria864

Aria864 Newbie
    Newcomer

Iran
    Hi! I have a question. I've already installed autorcm. Is there any way to dump my nand without uninstalling autorcm?
    (sorry if it has been already asked).

13. Canna

United States
    Yes still can follow the guide, but the boot0/1 backup will not be clean or stock...

You can removed auto rcm with either sxos, or bricmii v2 payload..
    And re apply after you back it up if you want..

Aria864 likes this.
  14. Aria864

Aria864 Newbie
    Newcomer

Iran
    Thank you very much :)

15. Stevemcg16

Stevemcg16 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm at the Kezplez part of the guide, and it keeps crashing with "Error Code: 2168-0002". I've read thru the error guide and have made sure I'm not missing anything. Not sure what to do? I'm on (5.1.0)

16. Canna

United States
    what cfw are you using ??

What kezplez are you using ?

Are you using my files attached to op only ?

did you dump all the console info

my files should have the latest fixed kezplez by shchmue in the zips... you gotta use them with the latest hekate 4.0

Here is the link to the kezplez fixed fir 4.0 hekate https://github.com/shchmue/kezplez-nx/releases

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  17. Stevemcg16

Stevemcg16 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm using all the files from your guide only,

I've dumped console info, verified that they're in /dumps folder, Boot0 and Boot1 are on sd root,

and am using kezplez-nx.nro and kezplez-nx.nacp from the download on op's post.

As for cfw, from hekate v4.0, Launch> and chose "CFW" from Custom Firmware section.

have also tried Launch>Payloads>Reinx.bin, but get a blank black screen from kezplez in the homebrew menu.

18. Canna

United States
    can you take a snap or screen shot of your folder structure and contents of dumps and backup

19. Stevemcg16

Stevemcg16 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Untitled.png Untitled1.png Untitled2.png

Attached Files:

20. Canna

United States
    they all look fine...Whats your sd card format exfat right ?

Just for test purposes,

what happens if you rename tsec_keys.bin to tsec_key.bin ? does it load or throw error ?

You could also try moving all files and folders from 3d2ea1b into the backup directory instead...

Backup >3d2ea1b> Files < Move these to > Backup

But the two above methods were fixed or should of been fixed by shchmue and kezplez should read from any of the directorys or tsec file names...

But for testing purposes would you just try and revert back if it does not work...
    ((put files back into 3d2ea1b if it does not work and rename tsec_key.bin to tsec_keys.bin))

Im sure we figured out the solution to your problem some were in this thread... for that error code.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - biskeys+tseckeys+keys, Restore, Backup