AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Display number of games is no longer a GX unique feature since Wiiflow added that too (I forgot to update that)
Also recently WiiFlow added custom plugin dol path in latest beta so this is no longer a PL unique feature
I'll update OP in the near futere or when this latest Wiiflow feature become official

@mods can somebody please delete the second post on first page :)

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
While wiiFlow seems the best, i really like GX more for the fact his GUI is far superior, it really feels like part of the wii system (both menus and lists), even more if changed to channel view.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still doing things, but I'm not as productive as I would like. There are some weeks where I don't work on it at all.
I'm currently in holidays and working on the few next revisions (r1216, and probably quick after that I'll release 1217 and 1218 with new features).

you can check the current changes for 1216 which I'll release today or tomorrow.

I changed a lot the video selection but I can't test them with all games. I'll let the users test the new video modes. (wiiware/gamecube/Wii on NTSC consoles)
Forcing interlace really use interlace mode, and don't rely on your current Wii setting.
Forcing PAL480p doesn't choose NTSC480p anymore, it's really PAL.
etc.

I suspect a lot of users will complain about black screen, but it's because they will use incorrect video mode. They need to learn how to select the correct video.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok,
OP updated

Changelog:
-Updated loader versions
- Wiiflow 4.2.0 beta now have "File Explorer" as unique feature, this can be used to read txt/help/cfg files and launch Wii/GC/Homebrew apps from any location
-CFG loader has "neek2o" support now
-WW/VC compatibility for WF and CFG loader is almost 100% with neek2o now

P.S. I just need to know if CFG loader has 3 TB HDD support, if anyone has tested this.
Thanks again to all devs for keeping these loaders up to date :)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't know if its worth to add the following minor feature comparisons:

1. CFG have no way to jump to a certain game while GX have a search feature. I added a "jump to alphabet buttons page" myself and I think thats got implemented in the latest CFG mod but I still like the GX search feature better.

2. CFG "do not remember last cheat codes selected" - well, it remembers as long as you don't change cheat codes, if you changed one, you have to re-select all codes you wanted. GX allows you to add/remove individual cheat codes

3. CFG can test run game settings without saving. With GX, you have to save the settings before "testing"

4. CFG can sort game titles ignoring "A", "The" etc

5. GX have problem showing game titles with foreign characters like Ōkami will be shown as kami

I have not updated for quite a while (actually the Wii is gathering dust) so the above might have been changed.
And maybe these are too detailed to add to the chart

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
5. GX have problem showing game titles with foreign characters like Ōkami will be shown as kami

It's caused by the system font, The Wii has problem not the loader.
That character is not in the system font.
Just disable system font setting, or use a font.ttf with foreign characters if you don't like the default font. (too bold).

Maybe I can add a character converter for missing one in system font Ō -> O, but users will then complain that it's missing the macron Ō to the game title, that it's not the official name, that wiitdb.xml is correct, etc.
We can't please everyone. just use another font.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just disable system font setting, or use a font.ttf with foreign characters if you don't like the default font. (too bold).

Thanks for the reminder. I never took this problem seriously and hence forget about the solution.
A better way maybe change the default font to font.ttf and include the font with the releases (betas excluded)
Anyway, there is only a few games with this problem and GX is still my preferred loader.

Edit: LOL, just checked and I have disabled system font myself.
Thats a problem with a good memory that works intermittently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night